Miss Universe????

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Ms. Philippines wins!

The whole nation will be insufferable for the next couple of weeks  :SugarwareZ-005:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Another American daddy is proud today!  Ms. Philippines wins!

I thought she was Australian.

• Love it 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JDDavao said:

I thought she was Australian.

You are right!  I heard my wife say her daddy was American and forgot to turn on my Filipino interpretation ear piece!  :hystery:

• Haha 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JDDavao said:

I'm happy for her and I know that Filipinos are beside themselves but I find it a bit sad that "beauty" seems to always mean "half-white" for the Philippines in these competitions.

I don't know if you saw the pageant but a lot of countries had mixed race contestants.  Seems to be a thing these days.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

The younger population in many developed country’s today is becoming more and more mixed race now. When I visit our boys schools I will guess a third of the young people are a wonderful mixture.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I don't know if you saw the pageant but a lot of countries had mixed race contestants.  Seems to be a thing these days.

No, I didn't watch. I don't like beauty pageants which is probably more than half of the reason I'm a Davy Downer about them. 

I haven't put my feelings into order on this topic. It's weird. I don't feel bad for flabby guys like me when some god-body wins Mr. Universe. Why should Miss Universe bug me?

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

I thought her father was Scottish. 

Anyway...us 'kanos' are all the same to them, I suppose. 

Here we are... dad emigrated to Australia in 1952 (presumably with his parents)... just as my aunt, uncle, and three cousins did in 1955.  I know they certainly would still wish to be identified as British.

https://sea.mashable.com/culture/1547/here-are-5-things-you-didnt-know-about-miss-universe-2018-ca

Edited by graham59
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, graham59 said:

I thought her father was Scottish. 

Anyway...us 'kanos' are all the same to them, I suppose. 

Scottish ancestry.  His mother or grandmother moved to AU many years ago, according to what I read.  And in fact, Catriona was born in AU and lived there until she was 18, when she moved to Manila for a modeling career.