Jump to content
Kuya John

The affluence of Manila

Recommended Posts

On 12/18/2018 at 4:12 PM, Kuya John said:

More like Opulence of Manila.........

More like effluents of Manila, sorry but I hate the place.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well there is certainly a load of Sh@t being thrown around here :hystery:

Like a car, it will only run smooth,if well maintained ( and not stuck in traffic ), so yes Manila will either end up a Affluent Capital City, or the biggest high rise slum in the World. My take on it is.......The Giant Ant Hill :tiphat:

Edited by Kuya John
layout
  • Like 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Well there is certainly a load of Sh@t being thrown around here :hystery:

Like a car, it will only run smooth,if well maintained ( and not stuck in traffic ), so yes Manila will either end up a Affluent Capital City, or the biggest high rise slum in the World. My take on it is.......The Giant Ant Hill :tiphat:

But hey! I read in the newspaper that Manila Bay is going to be cleaned up. Much like Boracay. Good luck on that. I've seen it lately. 10 years ago the Supreme Court ordered the govt. to clean it up to make it safe enough to swim in. Cleaning it it up is one thing..and expensive. Convincing people who live along the rivers that feed into the bay to stop using it as their garbage disposal is another. I may be cynical but I can't see it happening in the long term.:dreams:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jimeve said:

More like effluents of Manila, sorry but I hate the place.

I'd like to say it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there but I can't.:1927_:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inflation is nuts, price of food has increased by around a 1/3 according to the wife.

For us Brits, Pompeys or Limeys as you call us we have depreciating currency and god damn Brexit.

All I can says is:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LUFCinMakati said:

Inflation is nuts, price of food has increased by around a 1/3 according to the wife.

For us Brits, Pompeys or Limeys as you call us we have depreciating currency and god damn Brexit.

All I can says is:

 

I'd be asking for receipts if I were you! 

Seriously though, the only thing that I've noticed going up is bottled gas which is about 20% or so higher.  I don't drive so fuel increase hasn't hit me but taxi fare and jeepney fare pretty much the same.  Electricity bill is as before IIRC.

Back to food - my wife is still getting the same budget as 1 year ago and we aren't on bread and water rations as yet.  

P.S. Aren't Pompeys fans of Portsmouth? :tongue:

Edit - T.B.F. I'm not in Manila but still

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'd be asking for receipts if I were you! 

Seriously though, the only thing that I've noticed going up is bottled gas which is about 20% or so higher.  I don't drive so fuel increase hasn't hit me but taxi fare and jeepney fare pretty much the same.  Electricity bill is as before IIRC.

Back to food - my wife is still getting the same budget as 1 year ago and we aren't on bread and water rations as yet.  

P.S. Aren't Pompeys fans of Portsmouth? :tongue:

Edit - T.B.F. I'm not in Manila but still

I have been to the supermarket and vegetables in particular have shot up. Don't need to ask for receipts she records every bill, including my bar bills:shock_40_anim_gif:

Ah yes a bit of a misspelling from me with the Pompey quote, brings back happy memories of the great welcome we used to get from the 657 Crew:6:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LUFCinMakati said:

I have been to the supermarket and vegetables in particular have shot up. Don't need to ask for receipts she records every bill, including my bar bills:shock_40_anim_gif:

Ah yes a bit of a misspelling from me with the Pompey quote, brings back happy memories of the great welcome we used to get from the 657 Crew:6:

Dunno mate - the wife takes care of the food shopping and she hasn't asked for an increase for the last 3 years.  I guess she was gouging me for the early part of that time then! 

As a big aside - I'm from Dundee and my mother's cousin was best mates with Peter Lorimer - he went down to Leeds to help him settle in.  Some shot on him.  (Peter Lorimer, not my mother's cousin!)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Dunno mate - the wife takes care of the food shopping and she hasn't asked for an increase for the last 3 years.  I guess she was gouging me for the early part of that time then! 

As a big aside - I'm from Dundee and my mother's cousin was best mates with Peter Lorimer - he went down to Leeds to help him settle in.  Some shot on him.  (Peter Lorimer, not my mother's cousin!)

More expensive in Manila.

I have met Peter Lorimer on a few occasions, been very sick recently, but now happily seems to be recovering. My family business was on Elland Road and all the players used to have a cup of tea whilst filling their cars up (pic attached).  Yes he was officially recorded as having the hardest shot in the day:

https://www.sundaypost.com/sport/peter-had-hardest-shot-in-football/

My Father was from Dundee btw. 

2006911_161871.jpg.2414e846e6839c69cae28e8abdd60baf.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LUFCinMakati said:

More expensive in Manila.

I have met Peter Lorimer on a few occasions, been very sick recently, but now happily seems to be recovering. My family business was on Elland Road and all the players used to have a cup of tea whilst filling their cars up (pic attached).  Yes he was officially recorded as having the hardest shot in the day:

https://www.sundaypost.com/sport/peter-had-hardest-shot-in-football/

My Father was from Dundee btw. 

2006911_161871.jpg.2414e846e6839c69cae28e8abdd60baf.jpg

It's a small world right enough! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...