Miss Universe

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

To be fair I think has had a couple of holidays in the Philippines :whistling:

I was at a ferry terminal when she won and you'd have thought everyone in there had won. They were jumping and screeming. Even my partner was phoning all excited and going on about the Pinay beauty. 

I pointed out her name sounded very Scottish.  Sure enough her father is Scottish and mother Filipino but born and raised for 18 yrs in Australia, then educated in the USA. 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

you'd have thought everyone in there had won.

Whelp they don't have a world series or super bowl and they will never be in the world cup, until Manny fights again, what else can the root for? :whistling:

• Like 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Mike J said:

epresent the beauty of the Filipina

That is why I was (secretly) rooting for miss Thailand or miss Vietnam. Of all the non Asiatic contestants they were the only ones that looked Asiatic 

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Whelp they don't have a world series or super bowl and they will never be in the world cup, until Manny fights again, what else can the root for? :whistling:

Yes they don`t get a lot to cheer about so maybe we should let them have this one.

• Like 3

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

We make do with less over here..... so better half a PI (pie) than no pie at all. When hungry, you take what you can get and are thankful. LOL

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

It's not so much the OTT reaction of the people here, it's the guff that we read about her and her win -  Scottish father, Filipino mother, born in Australia and educated in USA yet somehow embodies all that is great about the Filipina woman!  Never let the facts spoil a good story! 

• Like 5

bows00
Posted
Posted

What??  I don't believe the response or the intentions of this thread.  She is a Filipina and a beaut… period.  The Philippines has developed a trend to win beauty contests -- and for reason.  Filipina's are the most beautiful creatures on the planet.  

I only hope this doesn't entice more eligible foreigners to come here... it's no longer a secret.  

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, hk blues said:

Scottish father, Filipino mother, born in Australia and educated in USA yet

My wife has come to the conclusion that she is not Filipina but an Australian with citizenship of the Philippines.She came to this conclusion without any help from me.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

My wife has come to the conclusion that she is not Filipina but an Australian with citizenship of the Philippines.She came to this conclusion without any help from me.

It would be interesting how long she has actually lived in the Philippines. I think even using the majority of countries Nationalizing laws she'd struggle to be classed as a Filipino.  Dual citizen Aussie probably and as for Filipino looks I'd say that is way off the mark. 

Depending on your preferences I'd say the Filipinos of Spannish decent tend to be the more attractive I can't name a Filipino that has both Filino parents and was born in the Philippines winning any major beauty paegent. 

Don't get me wrong I find the typical Island or province looking Filipino very attractive, but even my Filipino friends admit they find mixed race Filipinos more attractive. I've had them tell me that some girls that I find beautiful are classed as ugly to most Filipino guys. 

Even my Korean and Hong Kong friends have a completely different idea of beauty to me. 

At the end of the day whatever nationality she is I wouldn't kick her out of bed. :whistling:

• Like 2