Pick a Major?

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone. Some really good advice. I’ll pass it along. 

(Why I got asked for input I don’t know. Other than I’m a Kano and therefore all knowing...😆)

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, northtoalaska said:

Thanks everyone. Some really good advice. I’ll pass it along. 

(Why I got asked for input I don’t know. Other than I’m a Kano and therefore all knowing...😆)

The only input I'm used to being asked for is financial! 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Here in Dumaguete I have seen the figure18k for starting pay in a call center.My niece works online, teaching English, and has done call center work after graduation from university.It is good pay if you can cope with irate callers.

To me 18k as a starting figure is not right. I believe it will be lower than that and its a base rate. Some call centers do have a base rate and incentives but I all most bet my left ball it wont be 18k starting base rate. 

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Most call centers pay less than 30k per month but you'd be able to get a decent one with an English degree. My wife was on 38k at Jp Morgan, was probably 30k starting with no degree, her uncle just started working for Amazon on 25k with no degree.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

My son's girl friend was managing a call centre team. She's a Filipino and has just jumped ship to another company for a wage of 150k. She's complaining as the stress isn't worth an additional 20k. Personally I thought was rock star wages for a local. 

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 12/20/2018 at 10:32 AM, fillipino_wannabe said:

Probably just English lol, easy enough to get 30k per month starting salary in a call center or online job, 1 promotion and she'll be on the same salary as a doctor before the doctor is even qualified.

I concur. Focus on english communication skill. That goes a long way regardless of whether the person works OFW or stays in the Philippines. My SIL and her fiance both work for a call center. Both have over 4 years experience and will soon be married with a baby on the way. The call center will provide nice benefits to them when married for having the baby. They both make more than 25k per month but they are in Manila in the Ortigas/EDSA area.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello and welcome. My suggestion is to check and see what her strengths are and go from there. Ask her what kind of work interests her.  There are different universities that specialize in different majors. I've noticed that many Filipinos want to be models, actresses, flight attendants, singers, dancers, and nurses. I hope for her sake that she is different. 

Edited by Gratefuled
spellcheck