Have's and Have-not's in Philippines

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

When I see a Filipino run ( actually walk fast) she is probably  late to work and has wet hair.

I see that almost every day. Wet hair and waiting for the baby bus. 

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Arizona Kid said:

I see that almost every day. Wet hair and waiting for the baby bus. 

Those that do,  sit by a window, face the front  and let their hair blow dry

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

When I see a Filipino run ( actually walk fast) she is probably  late to work and has wet hair.

This is something I have noticed a lot here and it was the same in Hong Kong - always struck me as a sign of laziness or maybe I'm being too harsh

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Those that do,  sit by a window, face the front  and let their hair blow dry

My GF's sister is one of them. Funny but in a way sad. Knowing they will have to work hard for not much money. At least she's not laying on the couch playing with her cellphone.

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

This is something I have noticed a lot here and it was the same in Hong Kong - always struck me as a sign of laziness or maybe I'm being too harsh

Well, there are a lot of Filipinas in Hong Kong but it just may be as you say, lazy. 

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

My GF's sister is one of them. Funny but in a way sad. Knowing they will have to work hard for not much money. At least she's not laying on the couch playing with her cellphone.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, my wife is always running late also. I think it's called "Filipino Time" to always be a little late and never on time. They even set their watches wrong, purposely.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I see it all the time on the jeepney. I assumed it was because the wet hair was cooler.  After a jeepney ride they have to go brush it again anyway...

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Glad I don't have to work as hard, for as long, and for as little as a 'lazy'  Filipina in Hong Kong.  :smile:

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Well, there are a lot of Filipinas in Hong Kong but it just may be as you say, lazy. 

Does one remember that most Filipina have long thick hair which takes a long time to dry and more so with no hair dryer. It's easy for half bald old men to dry their hair. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Does one remember that most Filipina have long thick hair which takes a long time to dry and more so with no hair dryer. It's easy for half bald old men to dry their hair. 

I remember that Filipina's have long black beautiful hair and pretty faces. Sorry..that's all I can remember!:dance:

• Like 3