Filipino RV

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Chinese friend posted this trike, electric I think?

JJ.... this rig fits my budget but I can't fit into it.:ohmy:

d3769660.jpg

d3769662.jpg

• Love it 2
  • Haha 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Convert it to a bunk bed and you may have something.:56da64b24b45d_36_1_501:

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Just think... if you ripped out all the CGI doll's house stuff inside, it could be used as a cheap form of public transport. :smile:

• Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

A bit too small for me.  I did meet someone during my visit whose family business is van conversion.  A friend who lives in Alabang and has his office in Mandaluyong had his new van customized.  He has a captain's chair and a small table for work.  There is a full size bunk bed to sleep while the driver fights the 2 hours traffic to the office.  Another nap on the way home or he watches television on a small screen.  There are curtains all around so as not to see traffic. 

I thought about shipping a used RV to the Philippines for extended drives.  The problem is there are no dump stations for your black and gray water.  In the provinces, everyone will try to get a peak inside.  

• Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

A bit too small for me.  I did meet someone during my visit whose family business is van conversion.  A friend who lives in Alabang and has his office in Mandaluyong had his new van customized.  He has a captain's chair and a small table for work.  There is a full size bunk bed to sleep while the driver fights the 2 hours traffic to the office.  Another nap on the way home or he watches television on a small screen.  There are curtains all around so as not to see traffic. 

I thought about shipping a used RV to the Philippines for extended drives.  The problem is there are no dump stations for your black and gray water.  In the provinces, everyone will try to get a peak inside.  

Here's your ride JJR:

https://www.olx.ph/item/2018-brandnew-mercedes-benz-sprinter-rv-motorhome-winnebago-limo-ID7LTxo.html?h=9b5799e205

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Similar to what I currently have except the interior was done by a different manufacturer.  I have 4 RV batteries instead of the standard 2 to allow a longer period for dry camping.  My vehicle is showing wear & tear after 126,000 miles of driving -- crisscrossing the United States and parts of Canada.

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted

For awhile i have been wanting to purchase a jeepney and convert it into a small rv to travel around Luzon. I wonder if this conversion has been done before?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, canadamale said:

For awhile i have been wanting to purchase a jeepney and convert it into a small rv to travel around Luzon. I wonder if this conversion has been done before?

The preferred vehicle for conversion is a van.  You can start with an empty shell or gut out the interior of an existing one.  The jeepney is designed to be open and airy.  You may end up spending more to create an enclosure.  Besides, the exterior will no longer look like a jeepney.

graham59
Posted
Posted

I saw one or two imported American RVs in Angeles City years ago.

Always fancied one myself.

My friend had a classic VW camper, in which we used to charge around Bicol province. Unbeatable on rough and muddy province roads.

In the background on this picture:

Honkong and Phils 018.jpg

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, graham59 said:

I saw one or two imported American RVs in Angeles City years ago.

Always fancied one myself.

My friend had a classic VW camper, in which we used to charge around Bicol province. Unbeatable on rough and muddy province roads.

In the background on this picture:

The US military will ship your RV as part of a deployment.  Possibly they were sold in the Philippines before the departure of the owners.  

Several times we rented the classic VW camper in Amsterdam for our European travels.  As our children grew older, we switched to Mercedes Benz camper rental in Frankfurt.  Made by Westfalia, the same company building the VW campers, the construction was solid.  

Edited by JJReyes