2 Americans nabbed for dumping dead woman in Pasig River

Doug B
Posted
Posted

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1065895/2-americans-nabbed-for-dumping-dead-woman-in-pasig-river

• Sad 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

METRO
3,062SHARES    
2 Americans nabbed for dumping dead woman into Pasig River
By: Gabriel Pabico Lalu - Reporter / @GabrielLaluINQ INQUIRER.net / 11:41 PM December 23, 2018
2 Americans nabbed for dumping dead woman in Pasig River
Suspects Troy Wood Jr. and Mir Islam (Photo from the Manila Police District)

MANILA, Philippines — Two citizens of the United States were caught after transporting a dead woman in box using a transport network vehicle service provider and dumping the box into the Pasig River in Manila on Sunday morning.

The Manila Police District (MPD) identified the suspects as Troy Woody Jr., 21, currently living in a condominium unit in Barangay Highway Hills, Mandaluyong City, and Mir Islam, 22, currently living in a condominium in Ermita, Manila.

ADVERTISEMENT

The MPD said they booked a driver from Woody’s residence through an online app.

Both were identified as chief executive officers of Luxr Limited Liability Co.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads
According to the driver, the suspects loaded a huge brown box in his car’s trunk and asked to be transported to a mall in Ermita.

Along the way, the suspects asked the driver to first go to the Baseco Compound in Tondo, Manila, near the Pasig River, where they threw the box.

Then they asked to be taken to the original drop-off point.

Finding the incident weird, the driver reported it to the Manila Police General Assignment and Investigation Section and and they were referred to the Ermita Police Station.

Personnel from the MPD Homicide Team in coordination with the Mandaluyong City Police Station conducted a follow-up operation, which led to the arrest of Woody and Islam.

Both suspects were positively identified by the driver.

Woody and Islam were turned over to the Mandaluyong City Police Station, which is under the jurisdiction of the Eastern Police District.

ADVERTISEMENT

Authorities eventually recovered the box and were able to identify the victim as Tomi Michelle Masters, 23, also a US citizen from Indiana, who lived in the same condo unit with Woody. /atm

Tomi Michelle Masters
The passport of Tomi Michelle Masters, a US citizen from Indiana. (Photo from the Manila Police District)

READ NEXT

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1065895/2-americans-nabbed-for-dumping-dead-woman-in-pasig-river#ixzz5aXvUjW34
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

Hope these two enjoy the rest of their life in a Philippines jail. 

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

Looks like she was hanging out with some real winners. To bad, I hope her folks were notified before they see her passport photo all over the web.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2018/12/serial-swatter-and-stalker-mir-islam-arrested-for-allegedly-dumping-body-in-river/

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Both were identified as chief executive officers of Luxr Limited Liability Co.

Luxr, LLC, based in Delaware, USA is only briefly described on business sites as a cryptocurrency outfit. Its owner is identified as a "Josh Leroux" (apparently both men shared the "Josh" nickname). A "Josh Leroux" on LinkedIN, claiming to be President of Luxr, LLC, looks like Mir to me.

The world is a very weird place.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Ram1957 said:

Hope these two enjoy the rest of their life in a Philippines jail. 

If you have money you can get your own private bahay kubo with aircon..tv..etc. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, gbmmbg said:

Looks like she was hanging out with some real winners. To bad, I hope her folks were notified before they see her passport photo all over the web.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2018/12/serial-swatter-and-stalker-mir-islam-arrested-for-allegedly-dumping-body-in-river/

These guys appear to be the worst type of scum.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

These guys appear to be the worst type of scum.

I read about this in the Star this am. I just can't imagine how people like this do things like this. It's unimaginable for me. What the hell brings someone to feel the need to kill someone. Can't wrap my mind around it.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Poor girl.

I pity her family back home. 

RIP young lady. 

• Sad 1