I'm getting mixed signals from my stepson about his education.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, davewe said:

So I'm confused. If he doesn't want to go to the U.S. is your motivation to convince him that it is in his long run benefit to get an education in the US or is your goal just to get him to come so that your wife will be happy?

Well, you are wrong in your confusion. 

I want him to make up his own mind. He is old enough to know what he wants. I will back him up in whatever and wherever he decides to study.

Wife will not be a permanent US resident. 

I am confident that where ever he decides to study that he will be successful. He has that kind of self confidence. 

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Filipinos by nature don't appear very decisive, getting a straight answer can be like pulling teeth.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Gratefuled said:
12 hours ago, davewe said:

So I'm confused. If he doesn't want to go to the U.S. is your motivation to convince him that it is in his long run benefit to get an education in the US or is your goal just to get him to come so that your wife will be happy?

Well, you are wrong in your confusion. 

In your original post you state he wants to study in the Philippines and you want him to study in the USA.   Where or why is Dave wrong in his confusion?  :89:

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Mike J said:

In your original post you state he wants to study in the Philippines and you want him to study in the USA.   Where or why is Dave wrong in his confusion?  :89:

It's more of a decision on his part.  When the time comes, he will have to decide. I will accept his decision. Sooner or later he will have to live with his decisions in life.