Choosing a location to live low budget

Viking
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I agree with you about the ladies. Both Thai and Filipinos are beautiful. My wife is not jealous or insecure and I do not have a "roving eye".

Very funny, your post. 

Are you really sure she is a pinay???  ;) lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Viking said:

Are you really sure she is a pinay???  ;) lol

Hushhhhh...She read this comment and smiled but yes she is pinay . Her maiden name sounds Italian but  neither her nor her parents claim to be nothing but Filipino. 

Alexander
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Her maiden name sounds Italian but  neither her nor her parents claim to be nothing but Filipino. 

Well, i'm pure Russian and I look like Russian, but my last name pretends to be Greek, and I know I have some % of Armenian and Japanese blood :rolleyes:

Btw, guys do you know, is it possible to rent a motobike for a long term contract on Philippines, like that's possible to do in many others South East Asian countries?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Btw, guys do you know, is it possible to rent a motobike for a long term contract on Philippines, like that's possible to do in many others South East Asian countries?

Speak to @Dave Hounddriver he may be able to help you there :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Alexander
Posted
Posted

Thank you Jack!

I guess that's possible to do (long term bike rent) without any troubles in any city, like that's possible in Thailand or Vietnam?

Viking
Posted
Posted
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, Gratefuled said:

Hushhhhh...She read this comment and smiled but yes she is pinay . Her maiden name sounds Italian but  neither her nor her parents claim to be nothing but Filipino. 

You better take really good care of her then, because finding a pinay that is not jealous is like winning on the lottery, hahaha

Congratulation to your good luck :biggrin:

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Viking said:

You better take really good care of her then, because finding a pinay that is not jealous is like winning on the lottery, hahaha

Congratulation to your good luck :biggrin:n

Thank You and YES, I am very lucky. My wife was not looking for a husband when we  met and I courted her. She is very independent and is not insecure financially or emotionally. So, with that said, she does not feel threatened by the presence of other younger and attractive Filipinas. She had a full time and secure job as a unit manager at a local hospital. She is an RN. She also has her own home and had opened up a Boarding Home before I asked her to retire. I wanted her to be a full time mother and full time wife. She agreed and so here I am and here we are. I don't think she has any regrets I don't. She has agreed finally to be with me in California even if only on a part time basis. 

I wish other expats the same luck.

• Like 1
  • Love it 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 12/28/2018 at 10:08 PM, Alexander said:

I'd like to live in a small city, yeah. Internet connection is needed, but 4-5 mbps of stable connection is enough. I'll arrive in April only, so i have some time now to choose.

Now i'm checking out the information about Palawan, Dumaguete, Iloilo... Are there any differences of costs of living there? I mean in common - average prices for rent, etc.

If you are thinking about Valencia it depends on what area for the internet connection and Valencia does have a water shortage problem maybe some of the members here who live there can elaborate.

• Thanks 1