more than two six-month extensions

peterfe
Posted
Posted

Maybe there's information on this already, sorry I haven't got time to read through all the previous posts on immigration now in the holiday season - but anyway, this may be of interest to long-term "tourists" in Cebu province or nearby. At the Immigration Office in Gaisano Mactan Mall in Lapu-Lapu, I met an Englishman who told me he'd recently got four consecutive six-month extensions there. So if you don't feel like having a visa run to Hong Kong or wherever quite so often, you could try extending there. I've always found the extension process there very straightforward and quick, by the way. 

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I have heard that six month extensions can be a bit of a crap shoot. Some places don't do them and I did hear of one place only issueing them the expats married to filipina.

• Like 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted

Cebu J mall BI also issues 6 months. I've got one but haven't tried 2 at one time.  :tiphat:

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I believe BI in Iloilo also offers this

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, peterfe said:

Maybe there's information on this already, sorry I haven't got time to read through all the previous posts on immigration now in the holiday season - but anyway, this may be of interest to long-term "tourists" in Cebu province or nearby. At the Immigration Office in Gaisano Mactan Mall in Lapu-Lapu, I met an Englishman who told me he'd recently got four consecutive six-month extensions there. So if you don't feel like having a visa run to Hong Kong or wherever quite so often, you could try extending there. I've always found the extension process there very straightforward and quick, by the way. 

Peter,  Not sure if I am reading this correctly or more to the point understanding what you are saying....... But what difference does it make what visa extension you obtain that effects a visa run to Hong Kong or wherever?  You are allowed 3 years here on a tourist visa before having to leave the country, it doesn't matter how the time is made up of visa's.    i.e. A combination of 1 month visas, 2 month visas or 6 month visas.  Just as a point of interest I have just obtained my 3rd 6 month visa here in Dumaguete.  Very simple and straightforward procedure.

• Like 4

virginprune
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gary D said:

I have heard that six month extensions can be a bit of a crap shoot. Some places don't do them and I did hear of one place only issueing them the expats married to filipina.

That's General Santos City where they will only issue 6 months if married. Most people go to Glan to avail this extension without any hassle.

• Like 1

peterfe
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Peter,  Not sure if I am reading this correctly or more to the point understanding what you are saying....... But what difference does it make what visa extension you obtain that effects a visa run to Hong Kong or wherever?  You are allowed 3 years here on a tourist visa before having to leave the country, it doesn't matter how the time is made up of visa's.    i.e. A combination of 1 month visas, 2 month visas or 6 month visas.  Just as a point of interest I have just obtained my 3rd 6 month visa here in Dumaguete.  Very simple and straightforward procedure.

Yes of course you're right, I wasn't thinking quite logically (must be the holiday season). It doesn't make much difference whether you get a number of consecutive one- or two-month visas, or six month ones. But it did make a difference to the Englishman I was talking to, as he had a five-hour journey to the Bureau of Immigration, so he preferred to do that every six, rather than every two, months. A minor point is that two extra six-month visas fill up your passport less quickly than six two-month ones. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, peterfe said:

it did make a difference to the Englishman I was talking to, as he had a five-hour journey to the Bureau of Immigration, so he preferred to do that every six, rather than every two, months. A minor point is that two extra six-month visas fill up your passport less quickly than six two-month ones. 

If you are talking to that Englishman again.  Tell him to ask Fat Reymond in Cebu how long he has to wait for his second 6 month extension.  He has been known to allow people to do 2 in the same day.  Just file for a 6 month extension then go back to the beginning of the process and get another, consecutive 6 month extension.  (NOTE you cannot do that with a 2 month extension as the rules are specific on that one.)  The 6 month one seems to be open to interpretation so for anyone who is making a 5 hour journey and definitely will not leave the country for 12 months it would be worth their while to talk to the big dude.  It would be wise to buy him a coffee in the shop nearby and ask him discretely because there is no rule that says they have to give you a 6 month extension and no rule that says they cannot give 2.  It's up to the "in charge" wherever you are getting your extension.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Alleycat
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Tell him to ask Fat Reymond in Cebu....

Ramon.  He is very knowledgeable, helpful and straight.  I would recommend speaking to him about any immigration questions you may have, he will explain your options and advise the best course of action for you.

• Thanks 1

Alleycat
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Alleycat said:

Ramon.  He is very knowledgeable, helpful and straight.  I would recommend speaking to him about any immigration questions you may have, he will explain your options and advise the best course of action for you.

Forgot to say that he also speaks very good English.