Fireworks

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Just bought a bunch of Kwitis for tomorrow and some other low energy explosives. Checked with the Barangay Kapitan first to be legal. I'm past the joy of blowing things up but I have a 13 year old son that loves it. I put my dogs inside the house with all the windows closed and the tv playing so they don't get too freaked out. 

Used to get pretty crazy around here on New Years eve but I still worry about the idiot macho guys that feel the need to spray their bullets indiscriminately into the air with their assault rifles. :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 12/30/2018 at 5:47 PM, Arizona Kid said:

Used to get pretty crazy around here on New Years eve but I still worry about the idiot macho guys that feel the need to spray their bullets indiscriminately into the air with their assault rifles. :shock_40_anim_gif:

I told my wife that the reason I wanted .60 steel roofing was the potential of bullets falling back to earth. :smile: There's not a lot of gunfire in Davao, though.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JDDavao said:

I told my wife that the reason I wanted .60 steel roofing was the potential of bullets falling back to earth. :smile: There's not a lot of gunfire in Davao, though.

Not used to staying up that late, but I made it to midnight. Sent about 50 or more Kwitis up. The Barangay service vehicle came through our subdivision 3 times with the loudspeakers warning people not to fire guns. Good time.

Speaking of steel roofing, I often wonder why the roofs here aren't painted white to reflect sunlight. Most of them are red or green.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Not used to staying up that late, but I made it to midnight. Sent about 50 or more Kwitis up. The Barangay service vehicle came through our subdivision 3 times with the loudspeakers warning people not to fire guns. Good time.

Speaking of steel roofing, I often wonder why the roofs here aren't painted white to reflect sunlight. Most of them are red or green.

MY buddy back in Seattle used to use 2-liter soda bottles and dry ice to make bangs on the 4th of July. I guess they'd sound way too much like IEDs here though. 

I wondered the same thing about roofs. Mine's white.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, JDDavao said:

MY buddy back in Seattle used to use 2-liter soda bottles and dry ice to make bangs on the 4th of July. I guess they'd sound way too much like IEDs here though. 

I wondered the same thing about roofs. Mine's white.

My GF and son bought the fireworks this year. My son brought home 4 Lumpia size firecrackers. Holy crap! We even felt the shockwave from them. P40 each. Never again. That's just too much. I understand his excitement for wanting to blow things up as I did when I was growing up, but we just had the smaller lady fingers and black cats and the occasional cherry bomb.

• Like 1