How angry can one get.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well it’s just one more pay day left before we both start our new adventure and we are planning this and that and then we are thinking let’s wait and on it goes.

Over the last few weeks we have both been trying to get a holiday of a lifetime and the plan was going to the west cost of America for a few weeks ,we land in Los Angeles then do the canyon and monument valley ,vegas and what ever is between then  Emma throws in can we do New York then Niagra falls and even Washington was thrown into the pot, slow down Ems I said.

Well after she goes to work I sat down and tried to do a plan and it just cannot work, we are wanting to get over to the Philippines too this coming year to Finnish the house plus with what I have lost in shares these last few months I just cannot afford to spend so much in just the first year of retirement.

So I sat her down to explain , a few tears and “you said we can go to the USA “, I did listen but Emma-was not listening to me either we go to America and not do the house or we do the house and not go to America, we can have a few holidays like stay in England exploring and Europe too, but this was not good enough.

i went to bed alone ,she came up later, she awoke very early and went downstairs, I did drive her to work in silence but I don’t talk that much so early in the mornings anyway.

i did really hard try to see if we could do everything but I fear spending so much in such a short time with very little coming in, plus I am a little pissed of with how she has carried this on .

i do love my wife and I would never think of saying it’s this way or the highway sort of thing, but I don’t want the lip thing every time it seems we cannot do the so called nice things that seem to impress her and who ever she tells on her Facebook, after 10 years of having great holidays and a good life maybe I have spoiled her ,but sitting together having a picnic next to a river is a good life to me .

So am I being to tuff or do I go the Filipino way and say “you can’t take it with you”.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We did west to east last year, mostly airbnb. Yes it was a trip of a lifetime but it wasn't cheap. Even with airmiles to Seattle and from New York it still swallowed about 6 grand.

graham59
Posted
Posted

Who's paying ?  

stevewool
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, graham59 said:

Who's paying ?  

Joint income, mine is 99% Emma 1%, plus maybe I will have to loan her that, so I will never see it again.:whistling:

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Joint income, mine is 99% Emma 1%, plus maybe I will have to loan her that, so I will never see it again.:whistling:

Sounds like an equitable relationship! <sarc>:shock_40_anim_gif::gottarun_80_anim_gif:

Edited by Arizona Kid
misspell
  • Like 2

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'd be pissed off aswell, sounds like a 10 year old. Tell her to pay half and you can go.

Edited by fillipino_wannabe

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

After 34 years I have never got the silent treatment............WHAT Am I DOING WRONG????? Lol

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

Steve, sounds like some salesmanship might be in order. Maybe touting the quality of your plan as opposed to the extra travel time of the other. 

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Steve

Basic human needs include shelter so the house should come first, especially if you are planning to retire there. tell the missus you will play the lotto and if you win you can go to the USA. Just my view.

Paul

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well after lots of talking and planning and unplanning we have come together with another plan and it’s more Emma’s plan.

Holiday in Scotland in April ( my plan ), May has change ( Emma’s plan ), June of to Austria and Venice ( our plan ), late June,July,August and early September Emma is of to the south of France, October/ November, New York ( Emma’s plan ) and November December of to the Philippines our plan.

While Emma is away in the south of France I’m of to northern France to the sites of the 1st world war then onwards to Spain to see my mate for as long as he will put up with me.

looking forward to all of the plans but looking forward to the pails so we can look at the house and catch up with friends over there, then next year who knows what the plans will be.