SRRV visa

Dave13
Posted
Posted

honestly I have read from many of you about the pros and cons of the different visa types....For the life of me I don't see where putting 10k, 20k or even 50k into an account that has special restrictions laid upon it before I can use it is the way to go. I am married to my pinay wife...but it seems far cheaper for me to just extend my tourist visa and leave the country for a few days each year. I cant own land anyway....so I just don't see any good reason to waste $1500 for an srrv when I have to invest another 10k on top of that!

any thoughts would be great

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

Another alternative is the 13A and it's ALOT cheaper!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Dave13 said:

don't see any good reason

1. Fear of Flying

2. Medically challenged to travel

3. Just Bone Ass Lazy

4. DOESNT belong to the Philippine Expat Forum to learn about other types of visas :hystery:

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Most of us who are married to a Philippine citizen would agree with what you say about the SRRV.  That is why many, perhaps most, of us go with the 13A visa.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Dave13
Posted
Posted

thanks for the feedback...my wife agrees also:)

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have a friend that is married but opted for the SRRV because he travels for work a lot.  On the 13a (which I am on) you have to pay p3,000 every time you leave the country. He goes in & out of the country 3 or 4 times a year.  For him the SRRV made sense. 

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

Household shipment tax exempt with the SRRV Classic Visa

• 8 months later...
Freebie
Posted
Posted

or one really doesnt want ones visa status to be tied to be ones marital status... I know of many smart gents who have seen and read how angry/ jealous  wifies can have their hubbies blacklisted ( maybe if they came home late or had a little scent on their collar ) and so are way safer having a visa that isnt dependent on ones wifes moods........

• Like 1

RobH
Posted
Posted

And of course If your wife dies before you and you have no kids its good bye Philippines.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, RobH said:

If your wife dies before you and you have no kids its good bye Philippines.

Many people have stayed after a death or marriage breakdown by simply converting to a tourist visa or SRRV.  Whatever works for each individual.  Just don't try to stay on a marriage visa after the marriage is over if the wife don't like you.  She can get you deported for that.

• Like 1