Baguio - A Disaster Waiting To Happen?

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Interesting. 

This is how we discipline our boy (stepson). His mother used to get angry and scold him so loud that all the neighbors could hear. He would just pretend to listen and then again some other time he would do whatever he was scolded for again. 

I changed it to save her from another temper flare up when I suggested that he write sentences for whatever he did. First infraction, 5 pages back to back. Next time 10 pages back to back. 

I made up some rules and posted them in his room on the wall. Any violation would result in pages written. 

It has worked. No more loud temper flare up from wife (mother). He, (stepson) hates to write. 

I'm thinking of some rules for my wife next. (Grin)

My teachers tried that on me. It just made me hate them even more. I hope your stepson doesn't hate you for doing it to him. Rules and regulations posted on the wall sounds more like a military boot camp rather than a loving and respectful living situation.

Do you hear me?...I said DO YOU HEAR ME? Sorry...acting like a DI.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jake said:

Well soldier, you are trained to bend over and kiss your ass goodbye after shooting off your last magazine.  But if you have a few more extra minutes.......it's party time!  You can make it a sports game called The Last Man Standing -- to see who can dodge those flying lava bombs while staggering for another beer.....he, he.  

Do you think that my tin hat wont save me ?

Well i guess its party time untill a lava bomb gets me :7500:

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

My teachers tried that on me. It just made me hate them even more. I hope your stepson doesn't hate you for doing it to him. Rules and regulations posted on the wall sounds more like a military boot camp rather than a loving and respectful living situation.

When kind words and patience runs out it's time to kick ar*e  :punch_80_anim_gif: respect was something I learnt at an early age.

The political correct brigade in UK, have stuffed parenthood, when a 8 year old tells parents what they can or can't do to them!

Off topic but none the less...... "A disaster waiting to happen"

Thank goodness I don't have teenagers in the household in this day and age.

• Like 5

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

It works for us. Better than beating the crap outta him like some parents do. It's not like he is writing sentences every day. He is a well behaved kid. He just had some bad habits that had to be corrected. Scolding never works and NO he doesn't HATE me. We have a good relationship. The rules on  the wall are just simple reminders. 

Again, it works for us and Hey, I raised 3 sons alone after my first wife passed away. None of them use bad language ( profanity) because I never did around them. I don't smoke so none ever picked up the habit. 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Kuya John said:

respect was something I learnt at an early age.

Well said.

The same here. It's all about respect. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

It works for us. Better than beating the crap outta him like some parents do. It's not like he is writing sentences every day. He is a well behaved kid. He just had some bad habits that had to be corrected. Scolding never works and NO he doesn't HATE me. We have a good relationship. The rules on  the wall are just simple reminders. 

Again, it works for us and Hey, I raised 3 sons alone after my first wife passed away. None of them use bad language ( profanity) because I never did around them. I don't smoke so none ever picked up the habit. 

I have used the writing method with our older daughter, and it works!

It works for two reasons.  Writing for a long time is obviously a pain in the hand, but also, you should pick the write words, and hand writing something then imbeds the words into the sub-conscious mind.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

It works for us. Better than beating the crap outta him.

The teachers used corporal punishment against me at school many times,they realised that it did not work.What did work on me was writing lines or staying behind after school.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Says nothing in the first post about discipline at school or home. If fact the subject is about construction in Baguio so since this topic is shot to pieces let's discuss growing tomatoes in Alaska.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Says nothing in the first post about discipline at school or home. If fact the subject is about construction in Baguio so since this topic is shot to pieces let's discuss growing tomatoes in Alaska.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Or how about the price of eggs in China.....he, he.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Jake said:

Or how about the price of eggs in China.....he, he.  

Not sure about eggs in China. Are they plastic like the rice. Should be cheap :cheersty:

• Like 1