Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OnMyWay

Thermal Massage Beds

Recommended Posts

Has anyone ever tried or bought a thermal massage bed?  SIL works for Ceragem in Baguio and has been talking it up to us, so we went in to try the V3.  It is a thermal roller massage bed that uses heated jade stones for the massage.  The V3 first scans your spine to measure you, before it goes to work.  I just did a general massage program for 20 minutes, X2.  Other programs supposedly detect your problem areas and will focus more time on them.

I actually enjoyed it a lot!  It was a very hard massage and sometimes painful.  To be expected when you are not used to it.  It felt really good on my head / neck area and lower back.  My middle back felt the most pain when the rollers raised me up high.  The heat is infrared and supposedly penetrates a few inches.

They make a lot of indirect health claims.  Use it for a long time and cure this, cure that.  My wife and I are interested in the massage aspect.  I have had lower back problems since my 20's and chiropractors have used some similar gadgets on my lower back.

I guess this style of heated jade stone massage originated in S. Korea.  Another top brand is Migun.  There are a lot of knock offs now that probably work as well as the expensive Ceragem and Migun, but getting them and maintaining them is another story.

Ceragem:  http://www.ceragem.ph/products.html

Migun:  https://migunworld.com/

Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/Jade-Massage-Infrared-Traction-Decompression/dp/B01LXLN9YS/ref=sr_1_6_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1546652927&sr=8-6&keywords=migun

Ceragem has retail centers in the U.S. and they seem to be well received now:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ceragem-healing-center-irvine

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife and I both are interested. I hope they are available in Davao.

I do not use mail orders.

I would certainly need a demonstration just to see if it works.as advertised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

My wife and I both are interested. I hope they are available in Davao.

I do not use mail orders.

I would certainly need a demonstration just to see if it works.as advertised. 

With Ceragem, they have company offices where all the sessions are free.  In Baguio, that office is very crowded and there are often long waits.  That is where SIL works.  However, a friend of BIL bought about 15 of them and set up a shop.  He charges p100 per hour, so the lines are less.  That is where we went and waited about 15 minutes for a spot.

They also offer a free 2 week home trial with free delivery and setup and training.  The machines are not cheap.  Apparently the going price is p170,000 or p180,000.  170,000 is about USD 3241.  I'm still trying to find out more about the warranty.  SIL says they have service people who will come to the house and fix them if needed, but I don't know any warranty / service details yet.

There is a center in Davao del Norte:

http://www.ceragem.ph/center.html

You can see similar machines on Alibaba, but I agree with you, mail order, especially overseas, is not the way to go with this type of thing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

With Ceragem, they have company offices where all the sessions are free.  In Baguio, that office is very crowded and there are often long waits.  That is where SIL works.  However, a friend of BIL bought about 15 of them and set up a shop.  He charges p100 per hour, so the lines are less.  That is where we went and waited about 15 minutes for a spot.

They also offer a free 2 week home trial with free delivery and setup and training.  The machines are not cheap.  Apparently the going price is p170,000 or p180,000.  170,000 is about USD 3241.  I'm still trying to find out more about the warranty.  SIL says they have service people who will come to the house and fix them if needed, but I don't know any warranty / service details yet.

There is a center in Davao del Norte:

http://www.ceragem.ph/center.html

You can see similar machines on Alibaba, but I agree with you, mail order, especially overseas, is not the way to go with this type of thing.

My neighbors suggested Blind Massage. I've had her get a full body massage a few times at the mall for 500 Pesos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

My neighbors suggested Blind Massage. I've had her get a full body massage a few times at the mall for 500 Pesos. 

Massage by good masseuses are great, but with our kids and school and everything, it is hard to get out for the 1-2 hours it takes to go some place for a regular massage.  That is why we are considering a home option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sounds good but does it only do backs? I tried a hydrobed (no heat, just water jets behind a flexible rubber sheet) and it was OK but not great. My shoulders and feet need approach from the side as well.

Is there some reason you can't have a massage service come to your home?

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn’t answer your question Don but My wife and I have a therapist we know visit us at home. We sometimes provide lunch and always extra for transportation because our folks place is a bit far.

Thats a large sum for a massage machine especially when you can get one for 500 pesos.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Massage by good masseuses are great, but with our kids and school and everything, it is hard to get out for the 1-2 hours it takes to go some place for a regular massage.  That is why we are considering a home option.

My neighbors tell me that blind massage is not expensive and they will come to your home. Maybe inquire if there is one living near your home. 

The girl at the mall who does my wife's body massage offers her service at our home. I just do not trust anyone in our home that we do not know personally. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Old55 said:

This doesn’t answer your question Don but My wife and I have a therapist we know visit us at home. We sometimes provide lunch and always extra for transportation because our folks place is a bit far.

Thats a large sum for a massage machine especially when you can get one for 500 pesos.

Yes, it is a large purchase and we are not rushing in.

My wife has been wanting to get a regular massage for months but we can never work out the 1-2 hours it takes.  3 kids keeps us very busy.  However, we just had a new helper start yesterday and if she works out, we might have more free time without the kids.

It probably is possible to get someone to come to the house, but we don't live in the typical neighborhood with good transport around.

I'm encouraging my wife to try all options before we decide on the machine.  She is very frugal so even considering a purchase of this size is a big deal.

Honestly, I might be the one driving the purchase now.  I liked it and I like the idea of being able to jump on it anytime and everyday.  My logical self will go through all the proper checks and balances!  :smile:

  • Love it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guy F. said:

Sounds good but does it only do backs? I tried a hydrobed (no heat, just water jets behind a flexible rubber sheet) and it was OK but not great. My shoulders and feet need approach from the side as well.

Is there some reason you can't have a massage service come to your home?

It does allow you to lay face down and has programs for that, but I did not try it face down.  It also has a hand held infrared heat massager that you can use on other parts of your body while lying on your back.  I have been having hip pain so I put it there and it felt good.

Our home is not convenient to get to and the machine gives us the option to use it anytime, day or night, everyday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...