The Annual, Annual Report Thread

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Guys, you are not going to believe this. Wife and I have phoned the board of  immigration Manila, which the said not received my folders wtf. Having spent the rest of this afternoon on the phone to various branches of immigration.

So going to Duma Immigration tomorrow to see if they can shine any light on this mess, some of the numbers that we got, we could not get through,.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):    

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Same thing was happening to me but the Iloilo office said even though the probationary was expiring I would ok because we were waiting on the approval from Manila.  Luckily... the approval came right as the provisional lapsed... so I was only uncovered like 2 weeks. Seemed odd they said it not important - seemed important to me.  They said the paperwork had me covered even if the passport stamps did not.  (I'm not saying they were right, though)

I think that is what they told me as well.  I was very worried as I was close to the deadline (passport stamp date) but did make it.  As long as you have applied before deadline I think you are covered.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Guys, you are not going to believe this.

No... very believable.  Welcome to the Philippines ha ha  It is, as they say, more fun.  :tiphat: 

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Guys, you are not going to believe this. Wife and I have phoned the board of  immigration Manila, which the said not received my folders wtf. Having spent the rest of this afternoon on the phone to various branches of immigration.

So going to Duma Immigration tomorrow to see if they can shine any light on this mess, some of the numbers that we got, we could not get through,.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):    

What a pain!  I was starting to think that maybe your paperwork was lost.  It should not take so long.

If it helps any, it appeared that Balanga BI had a batch system where they sent everything to Manila every week or two.  So they probably have a log for each batch.  However, the key assistant to the attorney at Balanga appeared to have his act together.  That may not be the case everywhere.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Same thing was happening to me but the Iloilo office said even though the probationary was expiring I would ok because we were waiting on the approval from Manila.  Luckily... the approval came right as the provisional lapsed... so I was only uncovered like 2 weeks. Seemed odd they said it not important - seemed important to me.  They said the paperwork had me covered even if the passport stamps did not.  (I'm not saying they were right, though)

Based on my dealings with the Iloilo BI and what I've read here, this doesn't surprise me.  They seem switched on (ish) and more pragmatic here in Iloilo BI than others.  It does seem wrong that a person can lapse into overstay due to the slow processing if they have applied in good time but, as Jack often says, we know where we are! 

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted

When I phoned up Cebu they said it's been investigated! Then when I eventually  got through to the board of immigration in Manilla they said they have not received my documents.

So one of them is telling lies.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think that is what they told me as well.  I was very worried as I was close to the deadline (passport stamp date) but did make it.  As long as you have applied before deadline I think you are covered.

Something similar can happen in the US. My wife needed to convert from a 2 year green card she got on arrival to a 10 year green card. The earliest you can apply is 3 months before the 2 year expires. We applied 3 months before and received a letter after her green card expired saying her case had not been reviewed yet and this letter granted her an additional year.

Then it started getting close to the end of her 3rd year in the US and no 10 year green card yet. So I called and found out they were 15 months behind processing green card extensions. So we just had to wait. In total took almost 18 months. So technically my wife was an "illegal" since her 10 year green card didn't arrive until almost 6 months after the letter extending it another year expired.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, jimeve said:

When I phoned up Cebu they said it's been investigated! Then when I eventually  got through to the board of immigration in Manilla they said they have not received my documents.

So one of them is telling lies.

Maybe it`s time to call the lawyer Jack and I used.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I did my AR today at Olongapo.  As usual, nobody there.  The guard / greeter took my ACR card and nothing else.  10 minutes later I paid and was outa there.