What Is The Best Way To Meet A Good Filipina?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
The notion of looking for a Filipina specifically is on one hand familiar to me, as I got friends who are like that, and unfamiliar, in that I didn't look for a Filipina at the time, but was familiar with how fond I was of them. I think Jake's advice is the best: hang around places where educated people from good backgrounds hang out. People with jobs. I have a friend who married a rich girl, but she won't be rich for long: the wealth will be divided among a million people when her grandma passes, and she was too lazy to finish her education or ever get a job. I fear for their future, as he's a truck driver who doesn't want to go home to the states, and seems to believe his mom's pension or his wife's riches will float them for a while. Anyways.... go educated... Look for the type of girl you'd look for back home, and in much the same manner.
Cebu University then th_thsmilies-29057.png
th_thholysheep.gifYou can find a good woman anywhere or they will find find you eventually as long as you are an honest, caring and responsible person! So why just a one destination location in Cebu? It's beginning to show that the majority of Kanos are living in Cebu, as they say "birds of the same feather flocks together"! Or could it be, it's safer in a swarm of other bees and a lot less lonely being the only Kano on the block or island, but there are a few Kanos who likes the isolation and solitude of being alone in the boonies or far off islands! Different strokes for different folks and the same goes for women too!
As stated, there are many ways to find a good woman, but just like back home, it takes time, luck and some good intuition to read between the lines and that is even harder to do here, if and when one does not understand the language. Hang with friends who are in a similar situation as you wish to be inuse the internet and get to know people and customs heremeet in church or mallsgive out cards with your phone number on itand so on and so on, because meeting is not the problem in the Philippines, from my experiences, meeting a good lady takes time and effort, or luck, so take your time and do not just jump at the first pretty lady because IMHO beauty within is so much more important than outer beauty, yet here you can often have it all. As for why so many come to Cebu, many reasons seem to apply, so one size does not fit all. My wife and I ended up in Cebu because it is centrally located, has an international airport, and lots of other expats, so I do not stand out here, yet I/we do not hang out with many of the types of expats that live here.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

To be honest, it kind of bothers me when I know people are trying to meet girls specifically for their being Filipina. I understand why they do it, and don't hold it against them. It just bothers me because the question is how to get a "good" one. If getting a good one means one who actually loves you for who you are and will care for you, or leave you if you take her for granted, then I think you have to take nationality out of the equation. If getting a good one means a girl who will love you and care for you because if she doesn't she's back in the poor house, then I guess one should just ask for resumes, reference letters, and the like. I don't mean to offend anyone. You're all good guys from what I can tell and are in sincerely loving relationships. I'm not knocking anyone in particular. I apologize if it sounds like it. I'm also married to a Filipina from a poor background, so this stereotype applies equally to myself. However, I just think you need to keep options open. It's cool to be attracted to Filipinas because of their sexiness. That chinese-malay-spanish mixed blood has produced some definite beauties. It's also cool to be attracted to them in relationships because you're physically attracted to Asians in general, and Filipinos in particular because they speak better English on average than the other countries. Why am I tripping out then? I guess it just bothers me that a guy is going to land in the Philippines looking for the girl of his dreams and his only problem will be sorting out and weeding through the thousands of "job applicants" to find the girl who could really love him for him. I think the fact that so many girls are going to "apply" for this position like a job, any girl who might stand a chance to love a guy for who he is, might be turned off by the thought of being lumped in as a "job seeker". In other countries, finding the right girl means finding a girl amidst the sea of women who have no interest in you. In the Philippines it's the thought of finding Miss Right amidst the sea of people who are interested in you for all the wrong reasons. For this reason, i wish guys would leave their options open to the possibility that the girl for them might not actually be a Filipina, but if she is, at least he had the stones to consider not being with her and vise versa. Gotta run... Times up at the interent cafe here. Wish I had more time to edit this and get my thoughts out a little more clearly. Ah well..... Food for thought anyways.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
..... Food for thought anyways.
The points raised in your post remind me of the golden days of youth when being idealistic, politically correct soul mates was the order of the day.As I get older I look more for a practical side to a woman. I see a good filipina in the same light as Tevye saw his wife. Are you old enough to remember these lyrics?
Do I love him? For twenty five years I've lived with him, Fought with him, Starved with him, Twenty five years--My bed is his,If that's not love, what is?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

th_thholysheep.gifYeah, it too bothers me to read posts concerning men between the ages of 35 up to 75 yrs old on forums or on-line dating services, lurking or looking for a "good Filipino woman"! Hey, they're all initially good in my book, weather they be 18 to 50 yrs old, light or dark skinned, kinky, long or short hair or whatever hair color, tall, short, fat, thin, beautiful or semi-ugly! It just depends on the "eyes of the beholder" and one just have to stick around long enough with "boots on the ground" to find out and it should not necessarily always be a 50/50 or 60/40 proposition to make to 1st base on the 1st date ending up in bed (kama) sack etc, because some guys are just DOMs or whatever and are just after the sexual gratification from one woman or lady boy toy after the next like it was a turkey shoot and when they're done with their sexual escapades, they're on the next plane home the next day! A bit of caution, when you finally make it home to your home country, get yourself a physical exam to make sure you didn't catch any STDs or whatever else, but one should have had that done even before having any unprotected sexual contact to insure that your sex partner were free from any STDs or AIDS! And if your prospective partner to be is a virgin and she knows it and you ask to go to bed with her, you will just probably get slapped or beaten up by her family and or relatives! So, treat all Filipino women with respect and kindness and you'll get the same in return! If you want easy women, hang out at any massage parlor, bars and night clubs, there's lots of them there to your heart's content! Just my unadulterated 2 centavos worth of MHO or POV! Take it for ever it's worth! Hope I didn't discourage anyone who plan on coming to the Philippines, and you all know that this place isn't the only country this way! I just call it the way I see it from my personal experiences and from others! th_signs083.gif23_11_60[2].gif

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

So many assumption there...I am open to any race when looking for a wife and funnily enough the last one who approached me was Chinese and I replied to her just today.In regards to STDs, I totally agree. I would not like to have sex without a recent test from her. I did the same with my ex who was Australian born.

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
So many assumptions there...
I don't assume anything, because as the saying goes, "if I were to assume anything, I would just be making an ass out of you and me", no pun intended, but it relates! So no, I don't make assumptions, as I mentioned in my post, I just call it the way it is from my personal experiences, POVs or MHOs! Here's my little story in how I met a "good Filipina"! I met my wife to be through my relatives when she was only 18 yrs old and I was 33 at the time. We had a 6 yrs long distance courtship before we got married, by then she was 24 and I was 39 when we finally got married! Maybe the advantage was that we are both Filipinos, but our 6 yr long distance courtship was not easy! So, 22 yrs later, we're still together and been retired here in the Philippines since 1998! So, good things do come to those who wait patiently! Back in those days we didn't have computers, we just wrote letters and spoke to one another over the phone and I visited her three times a year during our long distance courtship! And the answer is no, there wasn't any hanky panky in those 6 yrs of courtship, only during our honeymoon! as-if.gifdreams.gifmocking.gif Edited by Kuya Lee
repair quote

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I'm not being idealistic. I know that if someone is after a pretty young girl who will give him a chance to show her how much he cares, and hopefully win her over, then the Philippines is a great place. People are poor and out of desperation will give any foreigner a chance, and if she's a good girl, she'll learn to appreciate how much he cares for her if in fact he cares for her in a sincere way. I'm not against planning who you want to marry based on nationality, but I actually think that's kind of an "idealistic" way of looking at things. To believe that the Philippines is going to offer you a better shot at being happy because Filipinos are so great and all that is at least idealistic, and at most, bordering racist (the nice racism ). I think Filipinos are just as great and just as ungreat as every other nationality on earth, and if they appear to be ultra-great, more than others, it's because you have money and they don't. So going to the Philippines to find the girl of your dreams is okay, but be honest about it: she's probably just with you in the beginning because she's poor. After that it's up to you to win her over for real, and her to deal with the reality that life for foreigners can suck, too, and if it's going to work, she's also gotta be real with you - and not just fake real. That's why I think Jake's advice is good. If you go for girls who aren't completely desperate, then maybe you'll be happier in the long run.

• Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
I'm not being idealistic. I know that if someone is after a pretty young girl who will give him a chance to show her how much he cares, and hopefully win her over, then the Philippines is a great place. People are poor and out of desperation will give any foreigner a chance, and if she's a good girl, she'll learn to appreciate how much he cares for her if in fact he cares for her in a sincere way. I'm not against planning who you want to marry based on nationality, but I actually think that's kind of an "idealistic" way of looking at things. To believe that the Philippines is going to offer you a better shot at being happy because Filipinos are so great and all that is at least idealistic, and at most, bordering racist (the nice racism ). I think Filipinos are just as great and just as ungreat as every other nationality on earth, and if they appear to be ultra-great, more than others, it's because you have money and they don't. So going to the Philippines to find the girl of your dreams is okay, but be honest about it: she's probably just with you in the beginning because she's poor. After that it's up to you to win her over for real, and her to deal with the reality that life for foreigners can suck, too, and if it's going to work, she's also gotta be real with you - and not just fake real. That's why I think Jake's advice is good. If you go for girls who aren't completely desperate, then maybe you'll be happier in the long run.
Wow you guys are great, such a wide variety of advise, if Wallaby had any confusion before...., well at any rate it is all good advise. I only wanted to sayIf I knew that I liked Mocha Cake, I would go to the counter that sells Mocha Cakes first! Now some are good, and others... not so good. But I will know this before going to that counter, and will have to try a few, or them all before I get the one that I like, and likes me by not making me pay twice. (for example I love custard, unfortunately it doesn't like me, and I spend too much time paying for eating something I know I shouldn't.)However I would not go to the counter that sells, Chocolate Cakes, or Vanilla Cakes, or Strawberry Cakes, because I already know I like Mocha Cake.Just my thoughts about why I came to the Mocha Counter. Ha Ha.No seriously I know what you guess are saying and I do agree with you, but somehow I just knew that If I was going to end up with my ideal partner, my chances were better here than somewhere else. Fortunately I only had to taste a few and not all of them before I found the one I liked!! Ha ha sorry I couldn't help myself!!!I do know this is a serious topic, and that I should not compare Cake to People, I certainly do not take lightly the relationship I have with Ellie, nor anyone else that I met before her.What can I say, maybe I just got lucky, maybe it was meant to be, either way I wish I had all the advise that everyone is giving to Wallaby before I made so many mistakes, most of all because it is preventing me from doing all the things I would like to with such a wonderful wife!Just wanted to bring a little humour to this thread.Carl

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted
Wow you guys are great, such a wide variety of advise, if Wallaby had any confusion before...., well at any rate it is all good advise. I only wanted to sayIf I knew that I liked Mocha Cake, I would go to the counter that sells Mocha Cakes first! Now some are good, and others... not so good. But I will know this before going to that counter, and will have to try a few, or them all before I get the one that I like, and likes me by not making me pay twice. (for example I love custard, unfortunately it doesn't like me, and I spend too much time paying for eating something I know I shouldn't.)However I would not go to the counter that sells, Chocolate Cakes, or Vanilla Cakes, or Strawberry Cakes, because I already know I like Mocha Cake.Just my thoughts about why I came to the Mocha Counter. Ha Ha.No seriously I know what you guess are saying and I do agree with you, but somehow I just knew that If I was going to end up with my ideal partner, my chances were better here than somewhere else. Fortunately I only had to taste a few and not all of them before I found the one I liked!! Ha ha sorry I couldn't help myself!!!I do know this is a serious topic, and that I should not compare Cake to People, I certainly do not take lightly the relationship I have with Ellie, nor anyone else that I met before her.What can I say, maybe I just got lucky, maybe it was meant to be, either way I wish I had all the advise that everyone is giving to Wallaby before I made so many mistakes, most of all because it is preventing me from doing all the things I would like to with such a wonderful wife!Just wanted to bring a little humour to this thread.Carl
I appreciate each advice from all of you....however I did mistakes too...better not talk about them! SugarwareZ-034.gif
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hey guys,You know, it's really inspirational from those of you who have contributed to assist our young Wallaby. We seem to care like his father, uncle, big brother or pastor in giving advice from our hearts. All comments thus far have been sincere and more importantly more valuable when the advice is based on our past mistakes. To our young grasshopper, please learn from them. But nothing is perfect in this world and you will bound to make mistakes on your own -- hopefully only minor ones that you could laugh about later in your life. No doubt, you will be overwhelm with the local "brown sugar", even upon arrival at the airport. My good friend Ekimswish suggested to keep it real in every potential relationship. Realize the fact that most young Filipinas have a perception that "kanos" have a bank account that is far beyond the typical local Filipinos' annual salary or wages. Factor in the younger stud image along with that believe and yeah, a tsunami of ladies will hit you broadside! And as you socialize your night away at the many romantic tropical settings, the wave of temptations will also overwhelm you. Just watch your back for any possessive behaviors from both the jealous ladies or their current or ex male companions.Perhaps our resident "Papa Carl" could expound about all the ladies working at a call center. I would imagine a higher percentage of independent minded young Filipinas (who are not dependent on anyone), will give you a more modern and realistic challenge to your manhood. In other words, having a "dollar account" may not be a big deal to them. Personally, I prefer that arrangement anyway -- "she's also gotta be real with you"....... thinking back, It was a miracle to finally touch and win Judy's heart.Respectfully -- Jake