Newbie question

Roadhawg
Posted
Posted (edited)

and yet another question, I'll need my own section soon  lol.  What is the ACR card and does everybody need one?

Edited by Roadhawg

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Roadhawg said:

and yet another question, I'll need my own section soon  lol.  What is the ACR card and does everybody need one?

You will get one on your 2nd extension of your visa.They will charge you for it when you apply.Be careful where you do this 2nd extension as you will probably have to go back to the same office to collect it.If you are moving around a lot you may have quite a travel on your hands.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
On 1/10/2019 at 5:25 AM, Roadhawg said:

Surprise... have another newbie question....   Did you guys get a cell phone there or did you bring yours and get a different sim card?  I actually did a search before I asked. I we about 175 on my phone and didn't what route to go

I would recommend you buy a dual sim phone, with the correct band coverage for the Phils area of the world... if yours isn' t already such a model. 

I have a local sim in one slot and my home-country sim in the other. Ideal for if my bank back home for instance, needs to send me a security code, plus incoming texts are free to my home sim anyway. 

OR, you could have a SMART sim in one slot and a GLOBE sim in the other (the two most popular Phils ones), so you have maximum coverage and convenience. 

• Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Any provincial town on Luzon will probably be cheapest, when people say the province is cheaper it doesn't really apply to small towns outside of Luzon in my opinion. I live in Antique and food is more expensive, electric more expensive, even rent tends to be more expensive unless you get lucky as there's barely any houses for rent, nobody moves here lol.
$1800 will be plenty if you stay single, should be enough for you and a partner depending on lifestyle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Roadhawg
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, graham59 said:

I would recommend you buy a dual sim phone, with the correct band coverage for the Phils area of the world... if yours isn' t already such a model. 

I have a local sim in one slot and my home-country sim in the other. Ideal for if my bank back home for instance, needs to send me a security code, plus incoming texts are free to my home sim anyway. 

OR, you could have a SMART sim in one slot and a GLOBE sim in the other (the two most popular Phils ones), so you have maximum coverage and convenience. 

I didn't know they made a dual sim phone. Thanks for the info. Please excuse my ignorance, when I get a new sim card does it automatically give me a new number? 

Edited by Roadhawg
add on

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Roadhawg said:

I didn't know they made a dual sim phone. Thanks for the info. Please excuse my ignorance, when I get a new sim card does it automatically give me a new number? 

Dual sim phones have been around a long time. Yes every SIM has a new number. 

Roadhawg
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Dual sim phones have been around a long time. Yes every SIM has a new number. 

OK I've reached my quota of dumb questions for the week... Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Roadhawg said:

OK I've reached my quota of dumb questions for the week... Thanks

There are no dumb questions here. You ask we answer with a smile :smile:

Roadhawg
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

There are no dumb questions here. You ask we answer with a smile :smile:

LOL   you may rethink that, I'm not done asking yet.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Roadhawg said:

LOL   you may rethink that, I'm not done asking yet.

No, It’s all good. 🤗

Dumb answers, that’s what I’m here for.🤔

• Haha 3