Availability of Gabapentin, Voltarin Gel

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Am coming to the Philippines soon for up to 3 months. Need to know about the availability of some medications and whether a prescription is required, specifically Gabapentin and Voltarin. Voltarin is also known as Diflocenac Sodium 1% Topical Gel.

I can testify as to the effectiveness of Voltarin in relieving joint pain. It got me away from Tramadol, which is an opioid.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Edited by Guy F.
Removed redundancy.
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Guy, If those two drugs require a prescription in theStates best you just bring it with you or show an empty bottle.

I use Tramadol. Show my bottle never had an issue receiving small qualities during my visits to Cebu.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)

You can bring up to a 3 months supply of prescription meds with you. So I would recommend speaking with your doctor/pharmacy before you leave to ensure you can obtain a 3 month supply to take with you. This is especially nice to do if your health insurance will pay most or all of the cost of the meds.

Edited by earthdome
  • Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

Diflocenac Sodium 1% Topical Gel (Voltarin generic) was available in the Pharmacy in the mall in Cagayan De Oro (last time I ran out of Voltarin I'd bought from Australia) so I'd be surprised if it wasn't also available elsewhere in the Philippines.

And yes it's very effective I've found.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

I have never been asked for a 'scrip for tramadol in Bohol. Last 2 visits I was I was buying them 100 at a time.

Enough Voltarin to last me for 3 months would take up too much space in my luggage.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Jimmyzr1
Posted
Posted

I probably brought a year supply of gabapentin with me when I came last month along with a lot of other of my prescribed meds.