Help me with Netflix ?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Yes, I do not know anyone who has Netflix here in the Philippines.; I assume it is legal. I just do not like to use a credit card online here. Is it safe? 

I also heard that there are other web sights that offer movies online. Any suggestions?  I have heard of some but I do not know anyone who has access to any or how to download and if it is legal. 

Some websights are suggesting  VPN for privacy protection but I already have anti virus and protection. Never had any problems. So,why would I need VPN and pay a monthly fee for it?

Thank You and will consider any help.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Netflix is available here in the Philippines, legally.  We had it for a while but just as I did in the U.S., I got bored with the content.  The content is not the same as the U.S., but almost.  I think I used Paypal to pay for mine and then I could pay Paypal a few ways.

If you want the full U.S. content, you would need to sign up in the U.S. and then use a VPN to mask your location.  That is the only reason you would need VPN for Netflix.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Local Cebu Philippines Netflix is 500 peso a month. Not sure if required to provide a CC I would think not. 

I watch my YouTube stuff on my laptop while visiting no problem. 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I just use my Australian Netflix subscription in the Philippines, it works without issue in the Philippines. 

Maybe US Netflix is different because they have more content than other countries so they geographically restric it and you can't use without a VPN?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We attempted to us our US Netflix in Cebu last November it was blocked but our Amazon Prime video worked fine there.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

use a credit card

Give your internet/phone provider a call. I had Netflix bundled with my service and it was included in my monthly bill

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I had Netflix in the US and just use the same account here in the PIs. Not sure if it is any cheaper to get a PI account.  The library is very limited on the PI service so I use my VPN to switch it to the US library.  Netflix did not used to care, but now they will sometimes block VPNs.  My VPN is pretty good at getting around them - it is a dance they do (I use Private Internet Access, about $40 a year).  I pay with Paypal, but use my credit cards on other sites. I have never had a problem using a card here.

Another option is iFlix. It is a more local Netflix type... from Malaysia? Not sure where.  It only cost like p1,500 for the year. It has an ok library but I have a lot of problems getting their player to work, and rarely use it now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Another question. Do the movies downloaded have to be played on my computer or can I download to a flash drive and play on my TV?

Anything else available besides Netflix?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Google search Streaming services in Philippines, there's a heap of them.  As for sorting the chaff from the wheat, can't help with that.  I just Netflix, Stan and Amazon with or without VPN depending on the content I'm after. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

Anything else available besides Netflix?

I watch all my documentary's on utube. I stream most of my movies and tv shows nowadays on my smart TV from a site called putlocker/ It is all streaming video

Edited by scott h
  • Like 3