Help me with Netflix ?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

We attempted to us our US Netflix in Cebu last November it was blocked but our Amazon Prime video worked fine there.

I get books from Amazon. I wonder if movies are available to download to my computer then to flashdrive.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, scott h said:

I watch all my documentary's on utube. I stream most of my movies and tv shows nowadays on my smart TV from a site called putlocker/ It is all streaming video

Dunno how smart my tv is but I'll try to search.

Thanks

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

smart my tv

Don't know if your serious or not. So if you know this already. sorry for insulting. Smart TV will receive internet from your wireless router. I could surf the net on my tv if I wanted to. I bought a couple of them from SM appliananse store. Not that expensive really.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I get books from Amazon. I wonder if movies are available to download to my computer then to flashdrive.

I'm not sure if you can record or download content from Amazon video.

• Like 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Netflix Philippines is P460 per month (or at least the plan we use.) You need a credit card. But, you can use a virtual card like PayMaya. Just download the app on your phone. Most banks here in the Philippines will allow you to send "load" to a PayMaya account through their online banking apps. So...

1.) Download and install PayMaya on your phone (gives you a credit card number to use)

2.) Log in to your online banking app and send money to your PayMaya account (your telephone number)

3.) Go to Netflix and sign up using the PayMaya credit card.

Easy Peasy. PayMaya works great everywhere - even on Amazon.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

I'm not sure if you can record or download content from Amazon video.

Amazon Video also has a lot of content blocked here.  U.S. Copyright laws I assume.  I have to use VPN on my laptop in order for my kids to watch Dino Dana!  I was going to try to set up VPN for the TV but have not tried yet.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

Don't know if your serious or not. So if you know this already. sorry for insulting. Smart TV will receive internet from your wireless router. I could surf the net on my tv if I wanted to. I bought a couple of them from SM appliananse store. Not that expensive really.

Some Smart TVs get dumber over time.  My LG that I bought in 2013 is very dumb now.  It still gets internet but many of the apps can't be updated, like You Tube.  You can watch You Tube in the browser but that is crappy.  My BIL bought a Samsung around the same time and it has had the same issues.  He is a bit of a techie and said it is because the app builders no longer support something on the old platforms.

See my next post for a solution.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

See my next post for a solution.

:56da64a2558f6_3_8_141: :whistling:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Anything else available besides Netflix?

In my previous post I mentioned Smart TVs that have become dumb over time.  There is a solution that also might make your newer Smart TV even Smarter.

Last week when we went to Baguio, my BIL had purchased an Android TV box for his formerly Smart Samsung, and it works great!

If you are buying a new Smart TV, look at those built with Android operating systems.  This allows you to download and use all the Android apps that are out there.

This little Android TV box allows your TV to act like an Android Device.  You plug it into the USB port of the TV and connect the box to your internet.

I bought this one and it just arrived.  I haven't hooked it up yet but I will review it after I do.  For Ed's purposes, there are several streaming service apps pre-installed, and you can download others.  My BIL got 2 free months of Netflix from one, and when it ran out, he started Netlflix for free on another app.  I guess some of these apps have partnerships with Netflix.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/mxq-pro-w-keyboard-new-android-71-4k-ultra-hd-android-tv-box-wireless-wifi-quad-core-i146726568-s171282031.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.1.3814413eLoBTCP&search=1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, scott h said:

I, also have no clue about smart tvs. I always thought that I'd have to connect an internet cable to it for it to work. I always download what I want to watch, then put it on a usb so I can watch it on my tv.

• Like 1