Help me with Netflix ?

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I, also have no clue about smart tvs. I always thought that I'd have to connect an internet cable to it for it to work. I always download what I want to watch, then put it on a usb so I can watch it on my tv.

You should be able to connect any smart TV using wifi to your cable or ADSL router but I find that external streaming boxes tend to offer better menus and snappier performance so I use an Apple TV on my LG smart TV in the main sala but not on the smaller Samsung smart TV in the main bedroom (because it doesn't get used as much).

You can download some Netflix content to devices like iPads but other content doesn't allow downloading, I've never been able to figure out the logic behind what is and what is not permitted (maybe it's license issues not sure).

However it's not easy to get the content off the iPad and onto another device so I use the Apple TV and screen mirror (using AirPlay) from the iPad to play downloaded Netflix content.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My home modem does not allow for VPN access so I use my phone and Chromecast it to the TV. That does need a Chromecast dongle on the TV, though. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Honestly speaking, with the amount of time we have to watch TV here, the Cignal packages are more than good enough for our needs - now that we can subscribe to EPL it's pretty much all we need.  Quantity doesn't always mean quality after all. 

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

You should be able to connect any smart TV using wifi to your cable or ADSL router but I find that external streaming boxes tend to offer better menus and snappier performance so I use an Apple TV on my LG smart TV in the main sala but not on the smaller Samsung smart TV in the main bedroom (because it doesn't get used as much).

You can download some Netflix content to devices like iPads but other content doesn't allow downloading, I've never been able to figure out the logic behind what is and what is not permitted (maybe it's license issues not sure).

However it's not easy to get the content off the iPad and onto another device so I use the Apple TV and screen mirror (using AirPlay) from the iPad to play downloaded Netflix content.

I'm trying to figure out whether getting a smart tv is worth it or not. All of the shows I want to watch are available on Pirate Bay. If something is wrong with the volume or srt's I use Format Factory to fix it. Who knows?:wink:

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
Just now, Arizona Kid said:

I'm trying to figure out whether getting a smart tv is worth it or not. All of the shows I want to watch are available on Pirate Bay. If something is wrong with the volume or srt's I use Format Factory to fix it. Who knows?:wink:

If you're happy with Pirate Bay then there is no real reason to change.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

If you're happy with Pirate Bay then there is no real reason to change.

Very happy..thanx for your input.:tongue:

• Haha 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, scott h said:

I watch all my documentary's on utube. I stream most of my movies and tv shows nowadays on my smart TV from a site called putlocker/ It is all streaming video

Thanks

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I, also have no clue about smart tvs. I always thought that I'd have to connect an internet cable to it for it to work. I always download what I want to watch, then put it on a usb so I can watch it on my tv.

I always download what I want to watch, then put it on a usb so I can watch it on my tv.

That's what I want. To find a web sight that I can choose movies from and download what I want to see and put it on a flash drive.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I always download what I want to watch, then put it on a usb so I can watch it on my tv.

That's what I want. To find a web sight that I can choose movies from and download what I want to see and put it on a flash drive.

Well then, Netflix and other streaming services are not what you want.  Generally speaking, they are not for downloading.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Well then, Netflix and other streaming services are not what you want.  Generally speaking, they are not for downloading.

How do you watch a movie that you choose from Netflix?