Help me with Netflix ?

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I always download what I want to watch, then put it on a usb so I can watch it on my tv.

That's what I want. To find a web sight that I can choose movies from and download what I want to see and put it on a flash drive.

RARBG,  Pirate Bay. Google em. There are many others but these are the ones I use the most. Gotta download Utorrent or something similar first.:wink:

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

RARBG,  Pirate Bay. Google em. There are many others but these are the ones I use the most. Gotta download Utorrent or someth. ing similar first.:wink:

I've heard of Pirate Bay and RARBG but I don't know how to download the Utorrent. 

I'll try

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jake said:

Regarding the modem/router, I thought all along that these days, that both functions are housed in one package?  I guess one needs to be careful when buying your own device(s) that it is compatible with the ISP service.  And if you bought your own, does the ISP still come out and  charge you for problems in devices not in their inventory?  

My provider (and I use that term loosely ha ha) is Globe. They installed a one piece modem/router. I could add a router to it that allows for VPN but have not needed to.  Generally on equipment - they fix theirs, you fix yours. 

• Like 1

TimL
Posted
Posted

For what it’s worth, I have a US Netflix account and use it often here. If I use it with or without a VPN. If I use w/o VPN, it gives me slimmed down content, when I log in via a VPN I get the full US content. My account has never been blocked due to not using a VPN.  I have been having issues with Amazon Prime lately though, regardless of whether I am on a VPN or not, it tells me that the content is not available in my location. Guess they may be sniffing out VPN’s and blocking content. :(

• Like 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, TimL said:

My account has never been blocked due to not using a VPN.  I have been having issues with Amazon Prime lately though, regardless of whether I am on a VPN or not, it tells me that the content is not available in my location. Guess they may be sniffing out VPN’s and blocking content.

Not all VPN's are created equal. I have found that some VPN's have leakage which means on the internet, some sophisticated programs can still see your true IP in the Philippines, thus can still block some of the programs like Netflix. Google the VPN I use called expressvpn. They definitely block any leakage of your IP  and present the server ip in the state/country you are connected thru. They have diagnostics for leakage detection.

• Like 2

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, roddavis said:

Not all VPN's are created equal. I have found that some VPN's have leakage which means on the internet, some sophisticated programs can still see your true IP in the Philippines, thus can still block some of the programs like Netflix. Google the VPN I use called expressvpn. They definitely block any leakage of your IP  and present the server ip in the state/country you are connected thru. They have diagnostics for leakage detection.

This! Express VPN is the best. Not the cheapest, for sure. But the best.

• Like 1

TimL
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

This! Express VPN is the best. Not the cheapest, for sure. But the best.

Yes, I have ExpressVPN, Private Internet Access and also IPVanish. Can't watch Amazon Prime content with any of them while connected to the US.

Weird. Wonder if they're blocking all VPN's now or something.

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, TimL said:

Yes, I have ExpressVPN, Private Internet Access and also IPVanish. Can't watch Amazon Prime content with any of them while connected to the US.

Weird. Wonder if they're blocking all VPN's now or something.

it happens sometimes to me with Express VPN. Just contact their support and let em know. or try another vpn server location. I can usually always access Netflix US with the 2nd or 3rd try. Express is pretty good about rotating servers and IPs, so blocking usually does not last long.

• Like 1

TimL
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

it happens sometimes to me with Express VPN. Just contact their support and let em know. or try another vpn server location. I can usually always access Netflix US with the 2nd or 3rd try. Express is pretty good about rotating servers and IPs, so blocking usually does not last long.

Thank you, I'll give that a try. Going to try setting up a VPN on one of my servers in the US and connect to it. ;)

Edited by TimL

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

It looks like I'm stuck here. Nothing worth watching on tv anymore. CNN has commercial breaks every 10 minutes and they are the same ones over and over. 

You dont have sky cable TV?