Home schooling

Lostinhumidity
Posted
Posted

I'm looking for anyone who is currently home schooling their child(ren). I'm considering it and would like to chat.

cheers

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I am interested in this topic but at this time have nothing to contribute regarding home schooling in the Philippines.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

We have a tutor who comes around for 1-2 hours per week in addition to school.This helps my daughter top up on her learning without the other kids about.It seems to be very good for her.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

We have a tutor who comes around for 1-2 hours per week in addition to school.This helps my daughter top up on her learning without the other kids about.It seems to be very good for her.

We have had tutors but don't really know if it helps or not. My son went to Kumon for about 2 years when he was younger and it did seem to help a lot with his math skills. He hated it and so did I so we pulled him out. He's averaging mostly B- in most of his subjects at his private catholic school now. He's doing much better than I did at his age which was D- or worse! Don't tell him though.:tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Home schooling is widespread in the Philippines, the kid stay home and don't go to school.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gary D said:

Home schooling is widespread in the Philippines, the kid stay home and don't go to school.

Yes with the outcome being another unemployable person.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:41 PM, sonjack2847 said:

or a gang banger, sorts like my home country only lot more prevalant here

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
On 1/15/2019 at 9:41 AM, sonjack2847 said:

Honesty is not a common thing nowadays, behave Jack. :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 1/15/2019 at 1:04 AM, Gary D said:

Heard shouting a couple of years back from a neighbors house.  Later in the week the lady who sometimes cleans our house told us what happened.  Two brothers, now adults, got into an argument about who was the smartest.  The argument escalated until one brother yelled at the other; "Don't ever say that you are smarter than me, I went to grade five and you only went to grade three." :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• 2 years later...
Nicole_Keith
Posted
Posted (edited)

Since the pandemic start, my sister is really having a hard time in school because of the transition from traditional to online learning.  (Referral removed by moderator).

Moderator's note:  New members are not allowed to post referral links.  Welcome to the forum.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver