Throw away ticket

Explorer
Posted
Posted
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:38 PM, ducecoop said:

I was not able to avail any of the promos you guys posted. 

but I did get manila To Macau for $89 (4040p). 

A bit out of my budget but I was running out of time

Thanks for the replies

There are sites (like priceline.com) that offers 24 hours free ticket cancelations. just buy before you return and cancel when you land...

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 2/1/2019 at 10:00 PM, OnMyWay said:

You can use Character Map in Windows.  Search Character Map and open it.  Search pound or euro or ??  Copy and paste.

£  €

I use that but I cannot find an easy way to locate the icons and have to search through line by line to find the one I'm looking for?  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I use that but I cannot find an easy way to locate the icons and have to search through line by line to find the one I'm looking for?  

In Windows 10, when I first opened Character Map, these was an Advanced View tickbox.  Tick it and some more options open at the bottom, and the last is a Search box.  Type in Euro or whatever, and search.  Then copy / paste.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, jaybee said:

There are sites (like priceline.com) that offers 24 hours free ticket cancelations. just buy before you return and cancel when you land...

I agree. Unless there's a chance that you will use the flight it's best to use an approved site where you buy a ticket for a few dollars then you're only a few dollars out of pocket. It seams crazy to me peolle that spend money that they don't have to. 

I flew back from Cambodia last week with a $12 throwaway ticket. Two girls in front of me got stopped at customs for not having one and were turned away. I cought up with them and gave the link to my ticket. 20 minutes later they were at my departure gate extremely happy as they were ready to pay a few thousand peso. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

In Windows 10, when I first opened Character Map, these was an Advanced View tickbox.  Tick it and some more options open at the bottom, and the last is a Search box.  Type in Euro or whatever, and search.  Then copy / paste.

Just checked that out - it worked!  :thumbsup:

• 8 months later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I am happy today.  I have been keeping a lookout for a throw away exit ticket for use on my return to the Philippines.  I just found one from Clark to China for only 650 pesos.  I booked it.  Best deal I have seen in a long while.

• Like 4
  • I'm Confused 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am happy today.  I have been keeping a lookout for a throw away exit ticket for use on my return to the Philippines.  I just found one from Clark to China for only 650 pesos.  I booked it.  Best deal I have seen in a long while.

I thought you were in Canadia?

Trust me, Dave... You really don't want to fly to Bejing... not a nice situation with immigration even if just transiting... nasty officers...

Ahhh... but your topic was Throw Away Ticket... that would be fine... just don't ever use it!!!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Trust me, Dave... You really don't want to fly to Bejing... not a nice situation with immigration even if just transiting... nasty officers...

I take it you've never had to pass through US Immigration, Tom...

Edit to Add - after posting the above I typed in "unfriendliest immigration officers"...and guess what the first hit was? Yep!

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 2

roddavis
Posted
Posted

So I would like to see what is the cheapest ticket to buy for throw away. What have you used?

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Which airline and destination in China?  Would like to know for future reference.

• Like 1