Throw away ticket

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Hobbit112 said:

Which airline and destination in China?  Would like to know for future reference.

I booked it through Skyscanner.  I just searched for cheapest flight out of the Philippines in November.  Turned out to be on Cebu Pacific from Clark to Guangzhou at the end of November.  I was quite happy with that as it falls within my free 30 days.  That is not a legal requirement but it tends to stop the Immigration officer from pestering me, or such I have found in the past.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, hk blues said:

I take it you've never had to pass through US Immigration, Tom...

Actually, I have - many times. In my experience they have been polite, businesslike and welcomed me with a smile. That would be a tough job to do for eight hours a day - especially the night shift. Canada has been the same. It was also fairly quick, but then I go in the USA passport holder lines which move along faster than the foreign passport holders. So no complaints from me.

In Beijing they were brusque, unfriendly and it was tedious and very slow - just for transiting through the airport. No signs to direct you where to go so many of us wandered the wrong direction before finding our way. It reminded me of going through Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin in the early '70's...

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

... but then I go in the USA passport holder lines which move along faster than the foreign passport holders. So no complaints from me.

I think that's the relevant point Tom - most of us would say our "own' immigration officials are more pleasant than perhaps foreigners would say! 

Let's be honest here - their job is to pick out illegal immigrants amongst other things thus it's quite logical that foreign passport holders feel a greater degree of negativity - I've heard the way UK immigration officials talk to foreigners entering the UK!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I think that's the relevant point Tom - most of us would say our "own' immigration officials are more pleasant than perhaps foreigners would say! 

Let's be honest here - their job is to pick out illegal immigrants amongst other things thus it's quite logical that foreign passport holders feel a greater degree of negativity - I've heard the way UK immigration officials talk to foreigners entering the UK!  

Okay... I get it. Well I'll add this. I have noticed Aussie immigration and customs were always nice to me, Canadians, Kiwis and a number of others. The only really nasty ones I have encountered were in Beijing. Some in other places have been possibly a bit less friendly but not like there.Yeah... I think it could be a tough job to try to take in at a glance, a few questions and the papers and determine on the spot if someone is illegal... But most of them are well trained and I am certain there are many tells that they watch for.

Oops... I feel like maybe we are drifting off topic a bit? 

Edited by Tommy T.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Okay... I get it. Well I'll add this. I have noticed Aussie immigration and customs were always nice to me, Canadians, Kiwis and a number of others. The only really nasty ones I have encountered were in Beijing. Some in other places have been possibly a bit less friendly but not like there.Yeah... I think it could be a tough job to try to take in at a glance, a few questions and the papers and determine on the spot if someone is illegal... But most of them are well trained and I am certain there are many tells that they watch for.

Oops... I feel like maybe we are drifting off topic a bit? 

Whilst not in Beijing - my most positive experience was in Guangszhou, China.  Myself, and a number of others, were on the point of missing our train back to Hong Kong due to long lines at immigration.  Recognising this, they ushered us onto the train and then stamped our passports on the train!  

Back to Beijing, I remember the little feedback buttons at immigration - happy face and sad face!  Thing is, the buttons were in advance of the immigration point rather than after - feedback in advance if you like!  Of course, i hit the smiley face just to be on the safe side!   

Yes, we have meandered off topic, Tom,  and perhaps have exhausted this side of the topic!  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
alisha453
Posted
Posted
On 1/14/2019 at 5:13 PM, ducecoop said:

This month I am going to Singapore from Davao city as part my 6 year exit requirement.

But I have yet to find a reasonable prices throw away ticket for my return.

My 3 year exit I had a throw away for $8 us. But I don't remember where from or where to. Getting old.

Trying to search but I can't find a site that will let me search without putting in a start and end location or a date.

Any suggestions on good sources for throw away tickets or how best to search for them? forpcworld

Thanks

Dave

Did you resolve your issue ?

• 3 weeks later...
Crum1515
Posted
Posted

I use onewayfly, it’s a bit more expensive but it’s valid for 14 days, 19$ usd. I’ve also used onwardticket, 12$ but only valid for 2 days. Both are valid tickets in your name though with working record locators.