2 weeks and counting

usa32
Posted
Posted

So I will be in manilla feb 3rd.

I have passport, put travel alerts on credit cards, bought necessary supplies, I will be there for 29 days, so my return ticket, will be my ticket out of the country under the 30 days allowed.

I have my first hotel in manilla booked, then plan to play it be ear.

I got vaccinations recommended.

Any other things you suggest for a first time trip?

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, usa32 said:

You didn't mention travel insurance?

And if you take US dollars try and take clean, new(ish) ones some money changers don't like old bills.

I would suggest changing some money at the airport before you leave, so you've got cash for getting around Manila.

There are several money changers at NAIA (depending upon what terminal you arrive at).

It would be useful to download the 'Grab' app on your phone and register, it's lots cheaper (and generally much better service) than the taxis.  Speaking of taxis there are several types at the airport, yellow 'airport' taxis, white 'normal' taxis and voucher taxis.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

usa32
Posted
Posted

Yeah sorry, i picked that up through geoblue as well

• Like 1

usa32
Posted
Posted

I downloaded grab., and will bring a small amount of cash with me and exchange at airport.

However, my plane comes in around 9:45 in the evening will the money changers be open?

earthdome
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, usa32 said:

I downloaded grab., and will bring a small amount of cash with me and exchange at airport.

However, my plane comes in around 9:45 in the evening will the money changers be open?

They were when I arrived around that time at NAIA Terminal 3. And they had very competitive rates.

• Like 1

fototek1
Posted
Posted

Most businesses in the Philippines are cash only. It is best to bring newish $100 bills and exchange for Peso's. I recommend coming up with a plan of places to go and things to do. Most people do not like being in Manila. Luzon is a big island and it takes a lot of time to travel from one end to another.  Good luck and enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, GeoffH said:

You didn't mention travel insurance?

And if you take US dollars try and take clean, new(ish) ones some money changers don't like old bills.

I would suggest changing some money at the airport before you leave, so you've got cash for getting around Manila.

There are several money changers at NAIA (depending upon what terminal you arrive at).

It would be useful to download the 'Grab' app on your phone and register, it's lots cheaper (and generally much better service) than the taxis.  Speaking of taxis there are several types at the airport, yellow 'airport' taxis, white 'normal' taxis and voucher taxis.

Definitely the 'Grab' app, as even those supposedly yellow 'airport' taxis think they have struck gold when a foreigner gets in their cars, with meters that have been tampered with.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, usa32 said:

So I will be in manilla feb 3rd.  Any other things you suggest for a first time trip?

Hmm.......USA32.  Is this your 1st time really?  Well, prepare to get devirginized all over again.  I wish that I could accompany you.  I've got some seees-tairs I want you to meet....he, he.

Have fun but always have the presence of mind -- watch your six, OK?  Respectfully Jake   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

well someone has to say it...

The condoms are small here so make sure you bring a pack or 2:whistling:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, usa32 said:

Yes..don't fall in love with the first Filipina that you meet..or meat!:shades:

• Love it 1