MXQ Pro Android TV Box Review

Freebie
Posted
Posted
On 3/10/2019 at 12:49 PM, hk blues said:

I have a basic question - what is the advantage of such a box over a smart TV?  I'm thinking about buying a smart TV but not sure if that is the way to go.  

If you buy a normal " smart "tv  ( and I think all are like that now) it comes with android and chromecast preinstalled.

Meaning you can find some apps from android and with the cast you can share content from phone direct to tv.

Most also now come with Netflix preinstalled and youtube too.  I have one such tv and dont have any sky subscription etc as not really interested in local tv and if the gf wants to see it, its always available on phone , tablet or even tv via you tube.

With some apps I can get sports events , EPL, cricket etc

The advantage of a box is it will convert an old tv to cover all the above.. plus it has access to a wider range of apps than a standard android smart tv.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Freebie said:

If you buy a normal " smart "tv  ( and I think all are like that now) it comes with android and chromecast preinstalled.

Meaning you can find some apps from android and with the cast you can share content from phone direct to tv.

Most also now come with Netflix preinstalled and youtube too.  I have one such tv and dont have any sky subscription etc as not really interested in local tv and if the gf wants to see it, its always available on phone , tablet or even tv via you tube.

With some apps I can get sports events , EPL, cricket etc

The advantage of a box is it will convert an old tv to cover all the above.. plus it has access to a wider range of apps than a standard android smart tv.

I think smart tv and android tv are fundamentally different.Android TV vs Smart TV: What's the difference? - TCL

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

The advantage of a box is it will convert an old tv to cover all the above

Most of us buy a TV expecting to get a lot of years of use out of it.  Easier to change the box to a new one rather than constantly upgrade the TV to the latest model.

• Like 2