Costa Atlantica In Port, 15th visit!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The cruise ship traffic is booming here.  MV World Dream was here Monday and then Costa Atlantic today.

20190115_152257 (2).jpg

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The cruise ship traffic is booming here.  MV World Dream was here Monday and then Costa Atlantic today.

20190115_152257 (2).jpg

I bet that Costa lot to go on.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

20190115_152257 (2).jpg

You ever watch how these bad boys virtually park themselves?  Of course in many cases, there are tugs that are attached to the hull,  just in case one of the love boat's side thruster malfunctions and the harbor pilot has a fall back plan.  

First time I gazed upon a cruise liner out in the open sea, I was in shock and awe.  I was up in CIC (combat information center or more appropriately.....christ - I'm - confused) monitoring my surface radar.  Didn't realize how far out they could be "painted" well beyond the horizon.  

As she finally appeared on the horizon (about 12-15 miles), there was already a line of horndog sailors waiting to view the babes using the "big eyes".  We were so horny that any babes for that matter, including the WalFart double-triple wide version, would give us some lasting/lusting memories.....he, he.  

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jake said:

You ever watch how these bad boys virtually park themselves?  Of course in many cases, there are tugs that are attached to the hull,  just in case one of the love boat's side thruster malfunctions and the harbor pilot has a fall back plan.  

There are several good drone pilots in Subic who have taken some good video of the cruise ships.  In one, there was a nice shot of a ship departing.  I don't think they use any tugs when departing.  The thrusters gently push them away from the dock and when they are far enough out, they can spin the ship rather quickly.  One video has a good shot of the spin but I couldn't find it.  I found this nice video of the cruise ships in Miami....

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

On a related note....

I wrote before about a You Tube star, Ryan Toys Review.  They have now moved to the top spot in You Tubers for 2018, and according to Forbes, made around 22 million last year!  I try not to let my kids watch it anymore as they don't understand that all kids can't have all the toys this kid has.

So yesterday on You Tube, I saw they had a new video of them taking a cruise.  I couldn't resist and watched it.  They were in the the Ultimate Family Suite on Royal Caribbean's Splendor of the Seas, the largest cruise ship in the world.  It was quite obscene so I had to look up how much it cost!  Top price paid so far at Christmas:  $85,000 for a week!  Now, you can get it normally for 75-80 k but it is booked for a full year in advance!

And just think, this family probably gets to write if off as a business expense!  The mother is so annoying!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 1/16/2019 at 12:07 AM, Jake said:

We were so horny that any babes for that matter, including the WalFart double-triple wide version, would give us some lasting/lusting memories.....he, he.  

True story.  My wife had only been in the USA a couple of weeks and had figured out how the local buses ran.  At dinner she told me that she had taken the bus all the way to Walmart and done some shopping.  She then asked in a serious voice; "Why do all the fat people shop at Walmart?"  I laughed so hard I almost blew coffee out my nose. :hystery:

• Haha 3

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 1/15/2019 at 4:07 PM, Jake said:

there was already a line of horndog sailors waiting to view the babes using the "big eyes".  We were so horny that any babes for that matter, including the WalFart double-triple wide version, would give us some lasting/lusting memories.....he, he.  

You brought back memories of a good run ashore 

Best i ever had was in denmark , i got laid with two girls at the same time , after that ,they went off and i headed to the bar and got waisted 

All in one tide ( 12 hours ) turn around 

• Haha 1