20,000$ US for soon to be expat

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

When you see how they weld you will be amazed and as a safety conscious American there is no way you would want to work alongside them

Safety equipment checklist:  sunglasses, flip flops, and a du rag to keep hair from catching fire. :whistling:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

There are also a few areas in Luzon where I won't take the family due to NPA activity.

What area's of Luzon are you referring to?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Safety equipment checklist:  sunglasses, flip flops,

And some running shoes if you come across this ;

mafia.jpg :whistling:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Nueva Ecija.  They have always been there but apparently there are more now.  Generally speaking, NPA don't usually kill you, they just "tax" you to death!

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1073603/mindanao-rebels-beef-up-npa-in-luzon-army-exec

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Loads of NPA in my province of Antique aswell, I think the government plays down how big they are. My brother in laws wife has just become a police officer she has to go and work in the mountains for 5 years now to chase them around lol.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Lordtariq83 said:

Curious about why only 6 months. Maybe a pension will kick in after that? 

No I have no pension I just figure that should be a decent amount to hold me over comfortable without stressing about money....i do not drink or smoke and I cook my meals most days... I am just ready to experience a different culture. Americans always seemed so competitive and I would like to be in the country where family always comes first

My question is..if you're going to blow through 20k in 6 months. How do you plan on supporting yourself after that? Construction workers around here only get maybe P350 to P500 per day. Not saying it can't be done. Give it a try if you have your heart set on it. What the hell..you never know unless you give it a go.

P.S. Good luck!:tiphat:

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, earthdome said:

NPA in Luzon? I don't think so.:shock_40_anim_gif:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

And some running shoes if you come across this ;

mafia.jpg :whistling:

Is this a photo of the forum administrators and moderators at the annual get together?:hystery:  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Is this a photo of the forum administrators and moderators at the annual get together?:hystery:  

Laugh icon.jpg I can NOT tell a Lie, You have sussed them :whistling:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Nueva Ecija.  They have always been there but apparently there are more now.  Generally speaking, NPA don't usually kill you, they just "tax" you to death!

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1073603/mindanao-rebels-beef-up-npa-in-luzon-army-exec

Hmmm... must be in remote area's there. The Pan Asian Highway goes right through that province. I know that there have been times in the last few decades where the NPA have been very active in the Cordillera Mountian area's. Just 5 years ago or so there were some arrest's in Benguet Province of some NPA leaders. And I know there had been NPA activity in the Sagada area resulting in a negotiated peace zone there so the conflict doesn't affect tourism.