Scrub it... or it won't be clean.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Wow do I understand your pain and being perplexed in this situation.  I have been there with this washing of cloths issue as well as several similar issues.  :89:As much as I would like to advise or comment in an effort to help you, I fear all I would do is muddy the wash water and put my feet in deeper along side of you.  Well at least maybe you finally got some breakfast..

:56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

We started getting ours done about a month ago.  Price is 28 peso per kilo, wash, dried, and folded.  I think that is a bargain when you consider they are supplying the labor, water, power, soap, bleach, softner, etc.  I am going to have my wife ask if they do ironing as I have a few dress shirts and a couple barongs that look much better when ironed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

My Mrs is the same (and the live-in niece).

Waste my money buying a washing machine, when they still spend half the day scrubbing clothes in a bowl  ... that were probably worn for an hour.  :rolleyes:

We won't change them... and water is cheap here, thank goodness. 

doing washing2.gif

• Like 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I let the wife's faithful family servant hand wash my clothes ONCE. My underwear came back comically stretched out. Never again.

I agree that the commercial laundries are an unbeatable deal.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Geoff, 

You got lucky. Great wife and family. Wise father in law. Mine is a gem too!

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

After 20 years of using automatic washing machines my wife is fully on my side. No beating it to death at ther local pump for her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

This is funny. Like you can take the girl out of the jungle but you can't take the jungle out of the girl. 

My wife is as educated as most but she still likes to wash her own clothes by hand and I let her. I bought a nice new washing machine and dryer long time ago but I'm the only one who uses it. 

I had to put up a clothes line for her in the back so she could hang her wet clothes while mine get dried in an hour or less. 

Funny also is that my neighbors can afford a nice new car but will do their laundry the old fashion way. 

I know, its none of my business, just curious. 

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Mike J said:

We started getting ours done about a month ago.  Price is 28 peso per kilo, wash, dried, and folded.  I think that is a bargain when you consider they are supplying the labor, water, power, soap, bleach, softner, etc.  I am going to have my wife ask if they do ironing as I have a few dress shirts and a couple barongs that look much better when ironed.

My wife does the laundry by hand or gets her friend to do it.We have a laundry shop 150 yards away which is 25 kilo or 35 for larger items.100 peso a week would probably be the cost for us.You have to ignore the handwash have a beer and keep your nose out haha