affordable apartments in cities

Lordtariq83
Posted
Posted

As i stated yesterday i am moving to the Philippines in 2020 the fall....just wondering from your opinnions what are the most affordable large cities to live either in city limits or right outside as far as rent goes......i only need a 1-2 BR apartment. I have seen many Youtube videos showing prices between 8000-12000 pesos but i just wanted to ask many of your oppinions directly.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

If it's just you then why do you need one or two bedrooms? 

Lordtariq83
Posted
Posted

in case i have visitors who stay over..its always good to have an extra bedroom just in case

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Lordtariq83 said:

in case i have visitors who stay over..its always good to have an extra bedroom just in case

Please quote who you are replying too each time as this is not a Facebook chat :thumbsup:  Yes the bigger the house the more people who will be happy to share with you. 

Lordtariq83
Posted
Posted

my apologies...what are the price ranges for apartments in the provinces...mainly on Maidano

Viking
Posted
Posted

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Philippines

Here you can get a general idea what it will cost you to live in different citys in the Philippines

Just search for the city you are interested in and start comparing.

Its only an estimation ofcoarse, but you get something to start with, good luck. 

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

You should know that prices range from very very cheap to very very expensive.  since you don't plan to be here till sometime in 2020, then you have a lot of time to decide on location. 

Once you are here and start checking things out you will soon find out how fast money just seems to slip away. Like going from one island to another you cannot just hop in a car and go. You will need to fly to most places. 

If you want to feel like you're in da Bronx just stay in Manila. There is Tondo and then there is Makati. 

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

p5000 to 8,000 a month should get you get you a decent 2 bed apartment in any provincial city.

The last time I rented (2016), I had a brand new 2 bed apartment, with huge balcony, for p5000 a month.  

That was in a provincial town in Pangasinan.

• Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

You should know that prices range from very very cheap to very very expensive.  since you don't plan to be here till sometime in 2020, then you have a lot of time to decide on location. 

Once you are here and start checking things out you will soon find out how fast money just seems to slip away. Like going from one island to another you cannot just hop in a car and go. You will need to fly to most places. 

If you want to feel like you're in da Bronx just stay in Manila. There is Tondo and then there is Makati. 

Drove through Tondo ONCE. Made a wrong turn trying to go through Manila on my way to Angeles City from Cavite. This was early in the morning. Wheel loaders were picking up all the vegetable trash from the street from the vendors. Took about 2 hours to get out of there. Glad I had heavily tinted windows.:bonk:

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted

8 yrs ago when I first started coming to the PH. I stayed with my then gf and her mother just inside the gate to the Navotas Fish Port. It was 3 days before my gf's mother let me out of the "house". She was fraid I would not make it back in one piece.   I spent 5 weeks there and before  I left I felt comfortable walking around in the day and had met a few people. Those 5 weeks taught more about the Philippines than I would of ever learned where I now stay in Makati. Night was somewhat different but me and gf did go out a few times after dark. Most natives stay home after dark in this neighborhood. Rent is very cheap tho. The gf's mother was paying 2500 a month (piso) for a two story place. She ran a pool table t,v, and small gambling table, sold a few beer and cokes. I built 2 small rooms for her to rent out.. in Makati where I stay now the norm rent is 24000 piso and up for a firnished one bedroom in a nice neighborhood. They aresome available for around 11000 peso but much older buildings in out of the way places.

• Like 1