Online Sales to supplement income

Lordtariq83
Posted
Posted

I was wondering is there a market in online sales in the Philippines?? Like perhaps buying low and selling high since Asia is where many of the worlds goods are now manufactured.Anyone who has any knowledge in having an online Business/store while living abroad your knowledge would be most helpful.....also any knowledge about buying whole sale while livivng in Asia. As i have stated in previous post i am moving to the Philippines next year(Oct 2020) for roughly 6 months.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Very unlikely. Most stuff comes from China today.

Philippines has few exports but who knows once you get there you may become the one guy who figures an angle!

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My friend tried it a few years ago and it turned out more trouble than it`s worth.There are many many online sellers here.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Lordtariq83 said:

I was wondering is there a market in online sales in the Philippines?? Like perhaps buying low and selling high since Asia is where many of the worlds goods are now manufactured.Anyone who has any knowledge in having an online Business/store while living abroad your knowledge would be most helpful.....also any knowledge about buying whole sale while livivng in Asia. As i have stated in previous post i am moving to the Philippines next year(Oct 2020) for roughly 6 months.

I asked you before why only 6 months? Maybe you answered before but I might have missed it. If no reply..fine. Just want to know who I'm dealing with. :89:

Lordtariq83
Posted
Posted

asked you before why only 6 months? Maybe you answered before but I might have missed it. If no reply..fine. Just want to know who I'm dealing with:89:

I apologize for missing your question it was not deliberate. Mainly I chose 6 months because I  feel that is enough time to get a good feel for living in the Philippines but it is not set in stone. I may choose to stay longer depending on how things pan out. Basically I an a 35 year old man looking for a change in life and I have always wanted to live in the Philippines. I have grown up with a few Filipinos and have had a few friends stationed in the Philippines. All have stressed they loved living there and based on my research I want to experience it myself. If I like it enough I will make it my home for good

• Like 3

Wanderer
Posted
Posted

Online sales is a very saturated market. These days you can setup a Wordpress website with Alibaba and online payment plugins in a couple of hours, You just select your products, list them on your site and when people buy it the seller automatically ships it to them and you just collect the cash and resolve customer service issues. Sounds grand except every man and his dog is doing it these days.

Another interesting thing to do is to walk around your local shops and find little interesting arts and crafts items and take pictures of them. Then list them on ebay or other similar platforms at a higher margin. When someone buys one just go down to the shop, buy the item and ship it. This of course has it's own unique challenges like the shop possibly not allowing you to photograph their wares, export bans on certain items, access to reliable courier services, etc. 

If the dropshipping option does peak your interest though and if you have a couple of hours to kill then I highly recommend watching this video. It takes you through all the steps of setting up an automated dropshipping website. Plenty of people are making good money out of this, and plenty aren't, but if you're determined you can certainly make it work as well. 

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Many ways of selling online you can buy things in bulk from HMR  and sell on facebook !

I know a friend of the family who literally went into a shoe shop and asked if she bought 10 pairs of shoes would she get a discount ! And she and her husband now  sell preordered shoes and watches on facebook ! Another friend sells japanese surplus and she and her husband now have  4 outlets and they also supply other outlets. Im too old now to worry about running a business , but theres many ways here to make money , 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have an online store and the only time I gots sales is when I used Facebook advertising.  So if you have a budget for that then it can work. If anyone wants to buy a fully set up online store which I dont have the time for PM me. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

TimL
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I have an online store and the only time I gots sales is when I used Facebook advertising.  So if you have a budget for that then it can work. If anyone wants to buy a fully set up online store which I dont have the time for PM me. :thumbsup:

What are you selling in the store?

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife has just started doing that on Lazada, does quite well. Irritating the amount of questions you get though, literally get 10-15x more messages than my store in the UK does despite selling 1/3rd as much.
Can't really legally do it as a foreigner though so get a wife first lol.

Everything comes from China but prices are the same or even lower here for smallish quantities (for the stuff I sell atleast), shipping is cheap from China and a lot of people are shipping in containers and not being too honest with the BIR lol.

Edited by fillipino_wannabe