OnMyWay

Malaysian Airlines Manila-Auckland

16 hours ago, Old55 said:

QA and maintenance issues. I would avoid that airline.

And PAL was banned from Europe for a few years a few years ago for the same issues.

2 hours ago, Gary D said:

And PAL was banned from Europe for a few years a few years ago for the same issues.

Allowed to return Europe in 2013 and US 2014 for a number of violations including falsifying AD’s. 

Edited by Old55
Darn spellcheck

On 1/20/2019 at 11:49 AM, Jack Peterson said:

Yep a few times, Good if you have a couple of kids as you  are all together in a 4 Row, but if you are just a couple, the very last seats both sides and Just 2 and right before the CR's

Jack, any chance you flew a PAL A330-300?  In either case, did you find the seating comfortable?

PAL flies the 309 seater to Auckland:

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Philippine_Airlines/Philippine_Airlines_Airbus_A330_V3.php

58 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Jack, any chance you flew a PAL A330-300?  In either case, did you find the seating comfortable?

Nah! never bin on one :wink:

On 1/19/2019 at 6:56 PM, OnMyWay said:

Anybody flying Malaysian Airlines these days?  I have not really considered them since MH 370 flew off into the wild blue yonder and was never seen again.

Just buy a one way ticket incase you dont get to use the return :whistling:

I have flown on PAL A330-300 twice (economy) but not on that route.  I am not sure how much I can say about it, the seats were typical economy.  The food was ok, the staff were ok, the seats were tight but that’s to be expected in economy.

A point in Philippine Airlines favor, Philippine Airlines were willing to check my bags through Manila to Cagayan De Oro (booked as one journey) so I didn’t have to wait at NAIA for my bag then re-check it where as with Cebu Pacific I have to pick it up and then drop it at the domestic bag drop. 

• Like 2

MAS has one of the best safety records and MH370 and 17 was a one off.

I have flown probably 1000 times over the last 15 years with only a couple of delays. 

The only thing to be aware of is a lay over at KLIA, there is nothing to do and F&B prices are mind blowing.