Posted

Yes you can get a 12 month on your return if with your wife, no problem 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Billoncho said:

I read that you can extend the Balikbayan visa, I was wondering if at the one year point my wife and I took a trip and returned, could we get another 12 month  Balikbayanvisa?

:wink: Basically yes but there is more to this than meets the eye if you Extend, when you extend it reverts you to a 9 a Visa( tourist) and all that is required in that Visa, when you leave and return you will get another BB stamp providing your wife is with you. Bearing in mind that the BB is not a Visa per-say but a privilege bestowed by the Bureau of Tourism and executed by the Immigration (BI) should you try your route too many times in a yearly succession and more if you leave frequently you may well get questioned on what your intentions are as to permanency. the BB is a one off stamp and is cancelled should you leave prior to the 1 year. 

Hope this helps :smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Mick said:

Yes you can get a 12 month on your return if with your wife, no problem 

Been doing that the last 3 years! Leave early morning from Cebu to Hong Kong, spend a couple hours eat lunch there and return same day(afternoon thru manila).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yes, I just booked our next trip to Honkers too. 

• Thanks 1

Billoncho
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all your responses. Appreciate the help.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Billoncho said:

I read that you can extend the Balikbayan visa, I was wondering if at the one year point my wife and I took a trip and returned, could we get another 12 month  Balikbayanvisa? Anyone have experience with this. My wife's US visa can take around 18 months and we want to stay together as a family while our daughter learns some Tagalog. Thanks.

Yes, after 12 months exit the country, and return not forgetting the wife and marriage certificate.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

To comply with the unenforced law you wife if resident in the Philippines should be out of the country for 1 year.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Gary D said:

To comply with the unenforced law you wife if resident in the Philippines should be out of the country for 1 year.

I can see that relaxed attitude being tightened up if BI had there way, they are after all, missing out on cash :huh:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

If they do that, I'll  go for the 13A

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted

I use the BB privilege and it's quite easy. The only thing to remember is to ask for it when you get to the head of the line. I have known 2 friends who just assumed that since they were together with their wives in the line they would be stamped and it didn't happen. So just have your wife say she wants the BB privilege for you both.

• Like 5