Balikbayan visa?

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, davewe said:

So just have your wife say she wants the BB privilege for you both.

Indeed, and have your marriage certificate handy. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have to take a trip out this year and it would work out better to come back with a BB privilege. 

But l know convincing the GF that l need to take a trip with the wife is not going to be easy.:rolleyes:

• Haha 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I have to take a trip out this year and it would work out better to come back with a BB privilege. 

But l know convincing the GF that l need to take a trip with the wife is not going to be easy.:rolleyes:

Unless you make the GF your wife. :56da64a10ceee_1(235):

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Billoncho
Posted
Posted
On 3/12/2019 at 1:54 PM, Gary D said:

To comply with the unenforced law you wife if resident in the Philippines should be out of the country for 1 year.

We've been working in Taiwan for many years, so no problem. Thanks.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 3/12/2019 at 8:17 AM, Billoncho said:

I read that you can extend the Balikbayan visa, I was wondering if at the one year point my wife and I took a trip and returned, could we get another 12 month  Balikbayanvisa? Anyone have experience with this. My wife's US visa can take around 18 months and we want to stay together as a family while our daughter learns some Tagalog. Thanks.

The answer is both yes and no.  You cannot "extend" the Balikbayan privilege (it is not a visa).  You can get a "new" BB passport stamp if you and your wife exit/return to the Philippines.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Mike J said:

You cannot "extend" the Balikbayan privilege

Mike this is not correct in its entirety. you can after the initial year of the BB stamp,   Visit the BI and they convert the BB to a 9a (Tourist Visa) :wink:

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Mike this is not correct in its entirety. you can after the initial year of the BB stamp,   Visit the BI and they convert the BB to a 9a (Tourist Visa) :wink:

Balikbayan Privilege Please read #3

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just thought i would put this up in case anyone does not fully understand the BB stamp :smile:

***She further explained that those who are admitted as Balikbayans are given an initial stay of one year, which they may extend for another one, two, or six months. Those who do not qualify, but are within the list of 157 countries eligible for visa free entry pursuant to Executive Order No. 408, get an automatic 30-day visa upon their arrival.***

Source;  https://pia.gov.ph/press-releases/releases/1016756

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

Balikbayan Privilege Please read #3

I did Jim and that is what i have said, was there another point?:89:

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I did Jim and that is what i have said, was there another point?:89:

I didn't mean to quote you specifically Jack, It was meant for the whole world web. I wanted to reply to the OP but for some reason I quoted you :tiphat: