last minute advice

usa32
Posted
Posted

So in February I will be in the Philippines for a month.

I have my flight and first few days booked at a comfy hotel near the airport.

I planned on being in manilla, cebu city, and puerto princsea. With shooting off for a day in cebu to moalbol and kawsan falls.  And to el nido in palawan.

My question, for a first trip for 29 days.

There are a lot of things to see, how do you recommend narrowing it down, so you are not just wasting a bunch of time traveling and wearing yourself out?

Panglao and bohol look nice,  so does tagatay 

thought about boracay but with the restrictions don't even know if I could get on the island.

29 days sounds like a lot for a vacation, but its really not.

Thoughts?

Gary D
Posted
Posted

The pace of life in the Philippines is very slow compared to the west. You can't just go here there and everywhere. To spend one day in Palawan would take up a minimum of 3 days.

• Like 2

usa32
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Gary D said:

The pace of life in the Philippines is very slow compared to the west. You can't just go here there and everywhere. To spend one day in Palawan would take up a minimum of 3 days.

Thank you. thats what I needed to hear.  What do you think is reasonable in 29 days?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

One day at least Moalboal, one day to the falls early next morning Alcoy for Whale Sharks. 

I agree with what Gary said. You will be amazed how slow things are there but the time will slip away quickly. Relax enjoy your time there.

• Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

1 week Manila
1 week Cebu- 1 day Moalboal, 1 day falls, 2-3 days Bantayan Island, 2-3 days Cebu City.
4 days Boracay- daytrip to Pandan
5 days Palawan
few days back in Manila.

You just need a hotel booked to get on to Boracay, I went there for New Year, not a fan now they don't have the bars on the beach but was nice to see the Korean women lol.

usa32
Posted
Posted

Thank you.

Would you book ahead around that plan, or just wait until you there, even if you dont get the best hotel?

In case you like a place and want to extend?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, usa32 said:

My question, for a first trip for 29 days.

Well you get thirty days which start the day after you arrive so you lost at least a day. 

usa32
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well you get thirty days which start the day after you arrive so you lost at least a day. 

Thank you.  I did not know the clock started the day after you arrive.  But I likely could not of gotten anymore time off work anyways.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, usa32 said:

Thank you.  I did not know the clock started the day after you arrive.  But I likely could not of gotten anymore time off work anyways.

Just remember for the future it is 30 days stamp in your passport when you arrive and not 29 which if you stay longer is your next extension. 29 days is second extension.  :867:

Gary D
Posted
Posted

It's very difficult to plan ahead. Leave it fluid. Have a list of what you want to do then tick them off one at a time and don't be surprised ifyou don't reach the end of the list. As it's said " the best laid plans never survive contact with the enemy". 

• Like 1