Maid to order? We have a dilemma!

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I think you could turn an honest person into a dishonest one.I think it would be entrapment.I don`t like it either.

Under your logic thieves are honest until an opportunity to steal arises?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, nor cal mike said:

Under your logic thieves are honest until an opportunity to steal arises?

Many thieves are Opportunistic my friend especially around Fiesta time and where the opportunity arises, such is my experience :wink:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Many thieves are Opportunistic my friend especially around Fiesta time and where the opportunity arises, such is my experience :wink:

I never thought of it that way before.  Not sure I will set any small traps but your reasoning is certainly sound.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

This agrees with my experience, not ‘career criminals’ just grabbing something when they get tempted and think they can get away with it.

• Like 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I certainly agree with that. But I don’t understand why it is somehow bad to try and weed out the bad ones if you have sufficient suspicion of wrong doing as with the “honey trap”. Seems to me this assures your workers honesty instead of making them dishonest.

1 minute ago, GeoffH said:

This agrees with my experience, not ‘career criminals’ just grabbing something when they get tempted and think they can get away with it.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, nor cal mike said:

the “honey trap”. Seems to me this assures your workers honesty instead of making them dishonest.

Many try it here mainly I am told Locals, then Wonder why they are forever looking for helpers, Word gets about on "Tsimis" and then the culture thing comes in, get Even, If one gets a job that the house owners does these things the vindictive issue arises and Mike, these people as nice as they are mainly, can be very Vindictive. Nah! for me, better left to our own Due Diligence because a lot of the time we are our worst enemies, In fact, I am not too sure how the Barangay Captain would would view the issue, should anyone take it to them for being Fired, It happens :thumbsup: I think we all know how things can work against us ( the foreigner) when we try to be clever with the locals.

Just my thoughts and opinions But..............................:wink:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Lots of good discussion and advice here.

My wife, all along, has been of the method "don't leave temptations out and that doing so can make a good person go bad".  Out maid does come from a large family and she sends money to her parents.  As Jack said, we have to do due diligence and that includes not leaving valuables out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Many try it here mainly I am told Locals, then Wonder why they are forever looking for helpers, Word gets about on "Tsimis" and then the culture thing comes in, get Even, If one gets a job that the house owners does these things the vindictive issue arises and Mike, these people as nice as they are mainly, can be very Vindictive. Nah! for me, better left to our own Due Diligence because a lot of the time we are our worst enemies, In fact, I am not too sure how the Barangay Captain would would view the issue, should anyone take it to them for being Fired, It happens :thumbsup: I think we all know how things can work against us ( the foreigner) when we try to be clever with the locals.

Just my thoughts and opinions But..............................:wink:

Thank you Jack, I greatly appreciate your thoughts and opinions, but I don’t think we can rule out anything reasonable to assure that those who have access to our family and our homes are trustworthy.

Mike

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, nor cal mike said:

I don’t think we can rule out anything reasonable to assure that those who have access to our family and our homes are trustworthy.

Due Diligence before you hire not after is my Thought Mike, each to our own But........................:tiphat: For a start off, how many of us here ask for a Police and/or Barangay Clearance as a requirement?

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

In addition may I say, if members do the Job right as I feel most of us do, You can check the persons Workplaces over a period of time when you register the new employee for their SSS. Now we can see if all is done as it should, you will get a bigger picture of the person and not the little frame they want you to see.  Do we ( We do certainly) take up References?

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1