Maid to order? We have a dilemma!

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted (edited)

I lock my closet door when I leave the house to go somewhere for two reasons.

1. That's where I keep my money, and I want to remove any temptation!

2. That's where my GF keeps her fully loaded 45 cal. handgun for safe keeping.:shades:

Feeling lucky punk? :laugh:

Edited by Arizona Kid
mispell
  • Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Just before Christmas our maid came to us saying that she had to leave the next morning because one of her family members was sick, she had been with us only for a couple of months with no problems but still if they say a family member is sick you have to let them go.

The next morning she came to us and said that she would only be gone for a week and then would be back and could she have a forward pay to cover expenses, 2500 to be exact, so not thinking of anything untowards we gave her the money.

I drove her to the bus terminal and as I was driving away I looked into the revision mirror and noticed that she had two overnight bags bulging at the seams, and immediately thought "You dumb phu.k, you have just had a number done on you".

There is no good ending to this story, we still to this day are looking for things that have grown legs and walked away all by themselves, silverware, tools and linen.

What really peeves me off is that we treated her well, her own room with a bar fridge, her own television set, had the same meals as us.

I would like to say lesson learnt, and next time will be checking things as they come and go, but at the moment we are doing quite well without a permanent, just have a lady that comes in for a few hours every day, stay away from the permanents

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Just before Christmas our maid came to us saying that she had to leave the next morning because one of her family members was sick, she had been with us only for a couple of months with no problems but still if they say a family member is sick you have to let them go.

The next morning she came to us and said that she would only be gone for a week and then would be back and could she have a forward pay to cover expenses, 2500 to be exact, so not thinking of anything untowards we gave her the money.

I drove her to the bus terminal and as I was driving away I looked into the revision mirror and noticed that she had two overnight bags bulging at the seams, and immediately thought "You dumb phu.k, you have just had a number done on you".

There is no good ending to this story, we still to this day are looking for things that have grown legs and walked away all by themselves, silverware, tools and linen.

What really peeves me off is that we treated her well, her own room with a bar fridge, her own television set, had the same meals as us.

I would like to say lesson learnt, and next time will be checking things as they come and go, but at the moment we are doing quite well without a permanent, just have a lady that comes in for a few hours every day, stay away from the permanents

So what you are trying to say is that you will not give her a recommendation?  :hystery:

All kidding aside, that really sucks.  It makes it really hard to trust anyone.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Update on our maid.  Her performance is still great and she has bonded really well with the kids.  In particular, the 19 year old maid and our 14 year old daughter have become friends.

Yesterday she revealed that at her last employer, they allowed her to go to school one day a week, and if we would let her, she would like to return.  It is a special government program that allows students to finish their high school using just one long day a week.  This is just the type of thing I would like to help with, so it is fine with me.  She will go every Wednesday and we made that her day off, so she works 6 days.  That is not all work work work because she gets to go out with us, take the kids to the park, play games with our 14 year old in the evening, etc., etc.

Fingers crossed that she continues to be reliable and honest!

• Like 5

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Update on our maid.  Her performance is still great and she has bonded really well with the kids.  In particular, the 19 year old maid and our 14 year old daughter have become friends.

Yesterday she revealed that at her last employer, they allowed her to go to school one day a week, and if we would let her, she would like to return.  It is a special government program that allows students to finish their high school using just one long day a week.  This is just the type of thing I would like to help with, so it is fine with me.  She will go every Wednesday and we made that her day off, so she works 6 days.  That is not all work work work because she gets to go out with us, take the kids to the park, play games with our 14 year old in the evening, etc., etc.

Good to hear things are working out and kudos to you for assisting her in her educational pursuit. Getting an education is so important anywhere in the world.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 1/29/2019 at 9:54 PM, OnMyWay said:

Well, it didn't last long!  Our maid announced a few days ago that her last day would be today, and she is gone.  Less than 3 months.  The story is that she is going to live with her sister and return to school full time.  I have my doubts about the story but I hope it is true.

I have no complaints about her performance.  She was a hard worker and worked long hours most days.  The kids loved her and there were some tears shed when she left.  She was going to school on Wednesdays and what we learned about it really pissed me off.  The teacher would extort items from the students in exchange for grades.  Ream of paper, that sort of thing, which she (the teacher) would then resell to students.  Such low life corruption!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 3/30/2019 at 5:40 PM, OnMyWay said:

Well, it didn't last long!  Our maid announced a few days ago that her last day would be today, and she is gone.  Less than 3 months.  The story is that she is going to live with her sister and return to school full time.  I have my doubts about the story but I hope it is true.

I have no complaints about her performance.  She was a hard worker and worked long hours most days.  The kids loved her and there were some tears shed when she left.  She was going to school on Wednesdays and what we learned about it really pissed me off.  The teacher would extort items from the students in exchange for grades.  Ream of paper, that sort of thing, which she (the teacher) would then resell to students.  Such low life corruption!

Update on the maid's story: "The story is that she is going to live with her sister and return to school full time.".

She was friend's with a very well paid "maid" across the street and had borrowed 10k from her.  So they are still in touch.  She filled my wife in.  Turns out the guy who picked her up (well dressed guy driving a new car) on her last day was not her BIL.  It was her new boyfriend and she was going to live with him in Laguna.  Yes, she was going to go back to school and she found somebody to fund it.

My wife is still convinced that she took the jewelry that I mentioned when I started this thread.

On a related note, two of our friends fired their maids / nannys this past week, both for stealing.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My family let their house keeper go recently after a number of things went missing.

• Like 1