Visa for newbies

Roadhawg
Posted
Posted

Once I arrive and my 30 day is up what kind of Visa will I apply for. I won't be getting married or anything like that.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

You will get a tourist visa.Don`t worry immigration know which one .

earthdome
Posted
Posted

You get a 30 day tourist visa on entry at no charge by getting your passport stamped. You don't need to do anything. Then in the last week of the first 30 days you go to the local BI office wherever you are and get your first tourist visa extension, which will be for 29 days.

Roadhawg
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

You will get a tourist visa.Don`t worry immigration know which one .

That lasts 30 days, what happens after that?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Roadhawg said:

Extend or close the door.jpg any immigration office will extend you :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Roadhawg said:

Then you go to the BI office and extend for 29 days after that renewal you can decide 2 or 6 month extensions up to a period of 3 years.

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Roadhawg said:

Once I arrive and my 30 day is up what kind of Visa will I apply for. I won't be getting married or anything like that.

If you decide to extend, go to immigration a week before the 29 days are up, it can take a week to process if you don't pay the fast lane fee, then you will be up for penalty peso's for overstaying, no good arguing if your penalized.

4 hours ago, earthdome said:

You get a 30 day tourist visa on entry at no charge by getting your passport stamped. You don't need to do anything. Then in the last week of the first 30 days you go to the local BI office wherever you are and get your first tourist visa extension, which will be for 29 days.

Sound advice. :thumbsup:

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Roadhawg said:

You said you are staying on Mactan Island. Did a visa app 3 weeks ago.

Go to Island Mall, just up from McDonalds, all the taxi drivers know it, there is an Immigration Office in the mall. It's one of the more enjoyable experiences here in dealing with  the beaurocracy.  They will only give you a 29 day visa first time, all you need is your passport, they give you a half page aplication form. You won't have problems there, it's all easy peasy stuff. I go at around 12-1 pm, usually takes 10-15 minutes, last time was 30 minutes, lot's of people there, not sure why. Cost was 3030 pesos, they used to give a stamp in your passport but this time was given a slip of paper, stapled in to my passport and told to make sure I DO NOT LOSE  AND LEAVE IN MY PASSPORT, something new, maybe they ran out of stamps like the run out of plastic here for driving licence.

Don't wait till the last day, go 2 or 3 days before you entry visa expires, it's really just so simple to do, good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Roadhawg said:

I won't be getting married or anything like that.

I wouldn't be putting money on that.

• Haha 4