PLDT FIBRE AND LANDLINE FIASCO

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Hi guys and gals, we have finally got our fibre installed after applying 6 months ago !
Speednow upto 50mbps , speed varies and we have to reboot the router 2-3 times a day ! 
Dare we complain to PLDT ? I think not ! The thing is we have hadt heir DSL and landline since we arrived here in 2011, we upgraded to fibre and our phone would not let us dial mobiles !
Apparently we have not registered for NDD !  So we dial 171 was told to go to our local PLDT office 
Which is now only open Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday !
We goes to the office and we also asked the woman behind the desk to activate NDD and to add us to the fam unlimited plan

( 5 nos unlimited calling etc for 99 pesos )she had no idea what we were on about and had to google it !
Simples ? Oh no ! They needed a letter from the bank and statements and a government id ! 
Bearing in mind they added fibre at no outlay and it was dearer than DSL! 
Goes back this morning  again another woman had to google it !
And after all was done its going to take a week before we can use the phone subject to the wifes financial status ! 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

Hi guys and gals, we have finally got our fibre installed after applying 6 months ago !
Speednow upto 50mbps , speed varies and we have to reboot the router 2-3 times a day ! 
Dare we complain to PLDT ? I think not ! The thing is we have hadt heir DSL and landline since we arrived here in 2011, we upgraded to fibre and our phone would not let us dial mobiles !
Apparently we have not registered for NDD !  So we dial 171 was told to go to our local PLDT office 
Which is now only open Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday !
We goes to the office and we also asked the woman behind the desk to activate NDD and to add us to the fam unlimited plan

( 5 nos unlimited calling etc for 99 pesos )she had no idea what we were on about and had to google it !
Simples ? Oh no ! They needed a letter from the bank and statements and a government id ! 
Bearing in mind they added fibre at no outlay and it was dearer than DSL! 
Goes back this morning  again another woman had to google it !
And after all was done its going to take a week before we can use the phone subject to the wifes financial status ! 

We had the same fiasco with Globe trying to add IDD - bank statements, salary slips etc etc.  I gave up.  

At times it seems that businesses don't want to service their customers here. 

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I wouldnt have minded but it was just for and extra 99 pesos ! We have always paid our bills never been late seems with PLDT loyalty means nothing,  i felt sorry for their counter staff though having to google their PLDT website to find out about the plans on offer !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I put it down to IDIOCY. :89:

... and that is one of the many reasons WHY this remains a third world country... and it's not going to get any better, now half the population have their faces and attention buried in Facebook for most of the day.    :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
Just now, graham59 said:

I put it down to IDIOCY. :89:

... and that is one of the many reasons WHY this remains a third world country... and it's not going to get any better, now half the population have their faces and attention buried in Facebook for most of the day.    :rolleyes:

At least they will be able to check their own companies current plans if they are on facebook!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

TimL
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, hk blues said:

We had the same fiasco with Globe trying to add IDD - bank statements, salary slips etc etc.  I gave up.  

More like “at all times”. I have yet to run across anyone here who knows the meaning of the word service. You’ll get it, when you get it seems to be the order of the day.  Oh well, can’t fight city hall so to speak. I just suck it up and try to roll with it. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, TimL said:

More like “at all times”. I have yet to run across anyone here who knows the meaning of the word service. You’ll get it, when you get it seems to be the order of the day.  Oh well, can’t fight city hall so to speak. I just suck it up and try to roll with it. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I don't disagree with this, but i have found most Govt. depts. to be more helpful than private companies - BI/BIR/City Hall included.  I detest having to call Globe as I know it will be a less than pleasant experience.  For a communications company, their communication stinks!

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted

The first time we went to PLDT store to get PLDT FIBR service activated their internet was down in the office.

• Haha 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, hk blues said:

Same here. I just got Globe and was told I have to be a paying customer for 6 months before I can call overseas. Had PLDT for years with IDD and only switched because Globe reps told me that I was in the Fibre zone to get the 50mbps. Stupidly I cancelled PLDT and guess what? I was just short of the fibre zone and had to settle for 15 mbps. Maybe I've been scammed? Dang..first time..:hystery: At least I'm in good standing with PLDT if I want to go back.

With PLDT I had the up to 10mbps and usually averaged 7. With Globe I'm getting 15 and sometimes 19 on downloads.:6:

graham59
Posted
Posted

Well I get about 2 mbps from the antenna on the top of my bamboo pole, (Smart phone signal)  if I'm lucky :sad: ....BUT, only earlier today, some nice workmen strung a PLDT fibre cable along the road and about 8m from my front door. 

Sooooo.  :89:

• Like 1