PLDT FIBRE AND LANDLINE FIASCO

hk blues
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Same here. I just got Globe and was told I have to be a paying customer for 6 months before I can call overseas. Had PLDT for years with IDD and only switched because Globe reps told me that I was in the Fibre zone to get the 50mbps. Stupidly I cancelled PLDT and guess what? I was just short of the fibre zone and had to settle for 15 mbps. Maybe I've been scammed? Dang..first time..:hystery: At least I'm in good standing with PLDT if I want to go back.

With PLDT I had the up to 10mbps and usually averaged 7. With Globe I'm getting 15 and sometimes 19 on downloads.:6:

I'm on Globe's 10mbps plan - usually get around 12 mbps.  This faster than plan speed seems to have been the case since Globe started to roll out fibre so I assumed (maybe wrongly) that they now have extra capacity to share amongst non-fibre users.  

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm on Globe's 10mbps plan - usually get around 12 mbps.  This faster than plan speed seems to have been the case since Globe started to roll out fibre so I assumed (maybe wrongly) that they now have extra capacity to share amongst non-fibre users.  

Probably true. Maybe now we will start getting what we pay for. But the duopoly of PLDT and Globe are still raking us over the coals. A third player for internet may or may not just join the other two to make it a triopoly. You just never know in the Phills.:Mad:

• Like 2

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted

We had Globe before we moved. They told us activation at the new place would be 6-12 months and we had to continue paying the monthly bill while we waited for the service to be activated (!). We canceled and got PLDT. Three days after they said we had a minimum 6 month wait at the new place Globe internet was on our new street soliciting activations.

It gets so insane here I feel like I am making it up as I write it. People back home can’t even process some of the stories. Like they say about truth stranger then fiction...

• Like 3

TimL
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, graham59 said:

Well I get about 2 mbps from the antenna on the top of my bamboo pole, (Smart phone signal)  if I'm lucky :sad: ....BUT, only earlier today, some nice workmen strung a PLDT fibre cable along the road and about 8m from my front door. 

Sooooo.  :89:

Better hurry, next they’ll tell you no ports available. Lol

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

We have Parasat (resold PLDT cable) and Globe At Home wireless.  3 months ago Globe was running at 8Mbps now it’s barely 1Mbps.  But also 3 months ago Parasat was running at under 3Mbps and now it’s solid at 10Mbps.

I don’t really want to run 2 connections but we sort of have to if we want access reliably.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, TimL said:

Better hurry, next they’ll tell you no ports available. Lol

Almost certainly, but the Installer will be able to sort you out with one for a small fee - no receipts provided! :wink: 

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

In 2002 when I first came to live in the Phills, I had to pay PLDT the cost of running the wires to my house from 2 blocks away just to get dial up!:angry_80_anim_gif:

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

In 2002 when I first came to live in the Phills, I had to pay PLDT the cost of running the wires to my house from 2 blocks away

Yes! when I enquired about DSL, They wanted some 5000+peso to connect me to the nearest Pole Point NAH! I upgraded from Umbrella modem to Ultera and have been happy

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, GeoffH said:

We have Parasat (resold PLDT cable) and Globe At Home wireless.  3 months ago Globe was running at 8Mbps now it’s barely 1Mbps.  But also 3 months ago Parasat was running at under 3Mbps and now it’s solid at 10Mbps.

I don’t really want to run 2 connections but we sort of have to if we want access reliably.

Yes, even if connected up to Fibre,  I would certainly hang on to my current (Smart phone signal) arrangement , using an antenna on a 35-40ft pole, with a wire running down to the Huawei B315 Wifi router, fitted with Smart Sim card.   It's crap, but 95% of the time... it works, and for 50 pesos every 3 days. 

(Bear in mind... we are around 3 miles from the nearest town). 

Edited by graham59