Visa for Newcomer

doc67
Posted
Posted

Hi

I am thinking of relocating to the Philippines in 2019 from Cambodia. However, I am a UK National, not Khmer. 52 Years old (if that is relevant)

I have read through a few posts and have got the impression that:

First Visa is a 30 day tourist one;

Second Visa is a 29 day one;

Thereafter, I can apply for a 6 month extension;

I can continue renewing with additional 6 month extensions for up to 3 years.

Is this correct?

I will be leaving the country at least 2 or 3 times in each year. Does this affect the current 6 month visa status, i.e. will the 6 month visa be a multiple entry one or will I have to go back to the beginning?

Can I work while in Philippines? (I bet that is not an easy question!). I don't need to work but it's nice to know.

In summary, is it relatively easy for a UK national to hang out in the Philippines for a few years without jumping through official hoops all the time.

Finally, are the rules settled or are they constantly being fiddled with as they are in Cambodia?

Many thanks in advance for all your help...

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Yep, you're only (supposed to be) allowed two 6 month visas before you leave, visa expires when you leave the country.

Not supposed to work here on a tourist visa.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Although 6 month visas are available they don't appear widely available, two months at a time are more the norm. Easiest to assume you can't work. Yes any visa ends when you leave the country. If you will be leaving regularly a multi entry visa may work, you will get 59 days per entry for the duration of the visa.

graham59
Posted
Posted

It's a pretty easy country for a Brit to live in.

At some ports of entry you can ask for a 59 day stay straight off (at the Immigration desk at NAIA1, Manila, for instance)  .

In some Philippine Embassies you can also apply for the 59 day entry visa before enter the Phils too.

Other than that, as a Brit', you will be given 30 days stay, upon arrival... extendable later.

As a single man, (i.e. not married to a local , and with a 13A visa) to work legally, you will need a work permit.  Not exactly abundant.