Date Rape

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Earlier Today, My Wife told me about a letter we have had from Our Daughters University in Cebu, Now coming from the West and knowing a little about that drug Rohypnol  from experiences with my Daughters in the UK and the Schools concerns there I should not be that shocked BUT I had no Idea that according to the letter  it is widely used in Cebu and no doubt Manila, I have not heard about any problems here in Dumaguete but Like most things only time will tell, 

Date rape is Rape in the purest Form and I was sickened to think that it has now found its way here, Yes Rape has been a Big concern in the Philippines since whenever but this just adds a Further fear for letting the Sprog Stay on Cebu but then, as my wife says Daddy, it can happen anywhere. Yes I say but please make sure that she understands about leaving Drinks unattended when she is out, Yes Daddy but she is not stupid, No dear I say, neither are any of the Victims that the letter tells you about But...................... Oh and I really thought I had left all this behind :no:

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Makes my blood boil!  So many scumbags in the world!

• Thanks 2

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Makes my blood boil!  So many scumbags in the world!

You are so right and I can only imagine the fear for parents who have daughters away from home who may be vulnerable simply due to naivety. I believe the best defense is good parenting.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've been spiked once with speed in Scotland whilst serving in the military. I had 3 months left to serve of a 24yr career, retiring on a nice pension which could have all been lost if I had to take a random drug test

I was also knocked out by something in Manila the first time I visited here 3 years ago. I'd been drinking but no much and ended up in a girlie bar in Ermita. I was with two good male friends and offered to buy the last round then I was off to my hotel. We were surrounded by girls trying their luck and two in particular were all over me. Offering to keep me company. My hotel was only about 50m away. I bought a round of shotts and told my mate I'm downing mine and off on my own. I necked it and left. I can't remember getting back to my room but I woke up dressed, spread over my bed. Thankfully alone. 

Friends in the bar industry also tell me it is common if a guy is with a very pretty girl for someone to drug the guy first so he is incapacitated then the girl gets targetted. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, nor cal mike said:

I believe the best defense is good parenting.

I would agree to a point but we hear so many saying stop wrapping them in Cotton wool, Let them grow up. We do ,we have and will always do what we can as Parents But.............................

• Like 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I would agree to a point but we hear so many saying stop wrapping them in Cotton wool, Let them grow up. We do ,we have and will always do what we can as Parents But.............................

I’m sure you do and the fact that she is where she is shows that. Being a parent today is no easy chore. Keep up the good work.

• Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

All I can add is my parents never had it easy with me. Don't do this or that pretty much sounded like a challenge to me. Sound advice and examples of outcomes tended to work better.  I'm sure a few things I did would have won me a Darwin award, not that I was stupid or never expected the outcome. I was just trying to beat the outcomes. Taking risks I think is how mankind has advanced.  

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Snowy79 said:

Taking risks I think is how mankind has advanced. 

Taking Risks can be Fun But having Scum, decide your Future and Health is not, Trying things for yourself is I guess Part of Life but not in this issue, The Risk for youngsters is now just Going somewhere with Friends and then an Idiot takes over and does things that can Ruin a Life, :sad:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, nor cal mike said:

You are so right and I can only imagine the fear for parents who have daughters away from home who may be vulnerable simply due to naivety. I believe the best defense is good parenting.

I'm not convinced so much about how much parent's can really do in such situations - I'd say it is much more down to having good friends who have your back when out and about

• Like 2

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'm not convinced so much about how much parent's can really do in such situations - I'd say it is much more down to having good friends who have your back when out and about

Certainly when away at school and such that’s the case.

• Like 1