Moving from Angeles

Barney
Posted
Posted

New here, so firstly, hello everyone.

Living in Angeles at the moment, and me and the girlfriend have a 4 month old kid, so thinking of moving somewhere that might be a bit better for bringing him up. Specifically would be nice to live by the sea, so I could  go out fishing etc.

I enjoy Angeles and have friends here, so I am looking for somewhere that is either easy driving distance of AC or fairly near an airport that has flights to Clark so that I can easily come for a long weekend every couple of months.

Places I have been thinking of are La Union, Aurora, Bohol, Bataan and even Northern Samar (Dumaguete sounds good but no flight to Clark makes it a bit more awkward).

Somewhere that will not be too expensive would be nice, and good internet is absolutely essential., where I am now internet is actually really pretty good, but I realise that in smaller places I'm not going to get the 20mbps I am getting here.

Any comments on the places mentioned, or any other suggestions would be gratefully received.

• Like 2

Mark57
Posted
Posted

I really like the Iba/Botolan area just west from you in Zambales.   good highway down to Subic/Olangapo      I have often stayed at the Rama Beach resort.  You might give it a look.    When I get moved to the phils I am considering it for my long term settling down spot.  

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Barney

I'm sure  you will find the answer to your question with the help of some of the members. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted

La Union is nice. Hour and a half to Baguio by bus, two and a half hours to Angeles if I remember correctly.. Beautiful beaches, small townish....not sure about internet speeds but I don’t recall any negatives.

• Like 2

Mark57
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Lou49 said:

La Union is nice. Hour and a half to Baguio by bus, two and a half hours to Angeles if I remember correctly.. Beautiful beaches, small townish....not sure about internet speeds but I don’t recall any negatives.

I would agree La Union is nice   -  San Fernando is an ok small city, nice market, nice night market on the weekends   San Juan is nice too   Been getting a little more pricey in the last years   - Lots of surfers   Don't recall as well about the internet.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I live just north of Dagupan, 5 miles from a nice beach. The internet is rubbish ... but the people and prices are great. :biggrin: 

• Like 2

Barney
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

I live just north of Dagupan, 5 miles from a nice beach. The internet is rubbish ... but the people and prices are great. :biggrin: 

Yes, lots of places look great, but I really need internet to be OK unfortunately.

• Like 1

Barney
Posted
Posted

I have actually also considered moving near to Subic, as it would be easy access to Angeles. Not too close to the bars, and definitely not actually in Olongapo, but maybe there is somewhere that would be OK down there.

No chance of fishing in Subic Bay though...... would definitely need to venture outside the bay I would think.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Barney said:

maybe there is somewhere that would be OK down there

The old Navy housing areas are very nice but higher priced than most other areas of the Philippines.  Spend some time here and look around.  It is only 1 hour to Angeles.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Our place is just outside Dinilupihan although we are part of Hermosa. Went from very poor mobile signal to Fibre Broadband the middle of last year. The Subic the Angelese express way is vertually in our backyard so we are now getting the best of both worlds.