Hawawei

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Well guys looks like the west has finally wakening up to Hawaweis , business methods , we are ripping out their telecoms equipment here in the UK etc , I notice that it hasn't stopped put government from putting a block on Hawawei buying up wome of the best research facilities in the UK .

One thing that came to mine is how this is all a swings and roundabouts scenario,  the USA is crying wolf at Hawaei for stealing patented designs , hell the USA stole our designs for years , and we stole just about everything that was not nailed down across the globe , we did leave the Philippines alone,  we stole tea from China,  gunpowder and loads of other stuff , precious gems from India and Africa , hell it looks like the pendulum has swung the other way 

Cant help but see the bullshit and hypocrisy of it all 

BTW , Apple pie was invented in England in the 1300,s just thought I'd drop that one on our American cousins :smile:

Opinions invited in a friendly , I've put the wooden spoon away :hystery:

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I have to say the word paranoia springs to mind when I read these articles, or at the very least hypocrisy.  Surely we don't believe that Western companies are above this but Asian not?  Regardless, I doubt we're being spied upon. 

graham59
Posted
Posted

We stupidly (UK) sold out to the 'Global Economy' decades ago.

I don't waste my time fretting over it any more. 

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted (edited)

My personal view on this is that its a load of US worry over nothing ! I mean lets face it how many people have Apple Iphones ? All made in china and with most of the parts built by Huawei ! If your using internet then its likely your router is also made by Huawei ! And my mobile is a Huawei ! Cost me 10,000 pesos brand new ! And im not tied to apples itunes etc oh and yes it makes phone calls.

Its not only Chinas Huawei ,take a look at a youtube video called factory to the world ! This place makes electrial appliances for almost every brand name in the world ! Its like a mini city ! If china can do it why cant other countries ?

Edited by expatuk2014
  • Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

One of the offices where I worked has a wall of parents,all of them inside your mobile phone ,these guys were egg heads straight out of Cambridge University ,that 4 G chip that you have in your phone was designed in Cambridge,anyhow they are now owned by Quallcomm . 

Cambridge science park 

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

"The suspicion of Huawei has spread beyond the US, too. In July, the British government produced a report criticizing the security protocols of Huawei phones. Most recently, Australia has banned Huawei and fellow Chinese smartphone manufacturer ZTE from supplying technology for its 5G network."

https://tech.co/news/huawei-genuine-security-threat-2018-09