Hunting/target shooting?

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm new here so please forgive me if I'm out of order. I am looking to retire soon. I am strongly considering the city Dumaguete in Philippines. I'm a avid hunter and target shooter of all kinds. Is there hunting opportunities in Philippines? Are there gun clubs or ranges for shooting trap or skeet?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

There are some gun clubs around. As a foreigner you will not be permitted to own guns, never mind hunt.......You can rent guns for use at the clubs. I rented pistols at clubs in Baguio and Cebu for practice and to compete in IPSC matches. There are work arounds like having a gun registered in your wife’s name but you better not get caught doing anything illegal.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

Thanks. Shooting is one of favorite pass times. No nothing illegal!  Have you seen a place for shooting trap or skeet? Also sre you allowed to transport your wifes gun if she is not with you? Thanks for your input. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

Even letting your wife own a gun can be problematic, if she used it during a break in the automatic assumption can be that you used it and will face the serious consequences. Best forget about guns. Transporting your wife's gun even in her presence would not be allowed in my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
13 hours ago, Gary D said:

Even letting your wife own a gun can be problematic, if she used it during a break in the automatic assumption can be that you used it and will face the serious consequences. Best forget about guns. Transporting your wife's gun even in her presence would not be allowed in my opinion.

Well I don't think I will just forget about something I grew up with, and spent my life doing. I think the rental option sounds like a good option. Thanks for the input. I hope to join some leagues down the road. I prefer to hang out at the gun club rather than at a bar, but that's just me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
5 hours ago, Robert 56 said:

Well I don't think I will just forget about something I grew up with, and spent my life doing. I think the rental option sounds like a good option. Thanks for the input. I hope to join some leagues down the road. I prefer to hang out at the gun club rather than at a bar, but that's just me. 

I will have to make the same adjustment    lived around guns and hunting my whole life.   In my family Dads pass their guns down to their sons.  I guess I will be giving a pile of them to my son soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
Posted

Mark, I own guns and enjoy shooting at our local range. Others here enjoy shooting as well.

we all know that living in the Philippines we can't own a gun.  But when you visit your son you may still enjoy them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
On 1/30/2019 at 5:00 AM, Lou49 said:

There are some gun clubs around. As a foreigner you will not be permitted to own guns, never mind hunt.......You can rent guns for use at the clubs. I rented pistols at clubs in Baguio and Cebu for practice and to compete in IPSC matches. There are work arounds like having a gun registered in your wife’s name but you better not get caught doing anything illegal.

My GF has a fully loaded 45 cal handgun locked up in my closet. Of course she's the owner of it.:no:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
6 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

My GF has a fully loaded 45 cal handgun locked up in my closet. Of course she's the owner of it.:no:

Nice. A good choice. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
14 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

My GF has a fully loaded 45 cal handgun locked up in my closet.

 Hmmmmmmmmmmmm:89: For what reason i will ask?  Not kept in a secure metal Cabinet as prescribed by her licence, now there is a question, Can we presume that she does have a Licence? Many Don't and that can lead to trouble, There have been instances where a Foreigner has Fired off Rounds from a Gun kept in a Draw or in a Cabinet, Then tried to blame it on The Wife/GF who, was out shopping in the last story I read some time ago, I have no Interest really but it raises questions. I am not to sure if the Law here distinguishes the Difference between a GF and a Lawful Wife. For me mate, I would think long and Hard about the use of this Gun, If we now know about it, I can bet that others in your Locality know Too :whistling: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...