No deposit in my account.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Just out of interest, why not download it anyway in June and save a few dollars on express postage?

For important documents that I don't need to send by express, I send 2 copies on the basis 2 getting lost is unlikely.

I think I should send it in a way that I can get delivery confirmation.  I will be sending it for me and 2 kids, so the cost of express may be worth it.

I'm afraid that if I send it too early, they might get confused!

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Send it too late and you won't get paid!

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I think I should send it in a way that I can get delivery confirmation.  I will be sending it for me and 2 kids, so the cost of express may be worth it.

I mean why wait for the from to be sent from the US when you can download it from the internet and save a lot of time? 

As for delivery receipt, you can send it registered mail and I'm sure that way will get you a delivery receipt if you ask for it?  I suppose I'm thinking of how to avoid the 3,000php LBC charge to send a letter to the UK - it would be a last resort for me.

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

Could have faxed it but don't know anyplace around here that has a fax machine.

Az Kid.......you might want to give eFax a try next time you need to fax.  They had a 30 day free trial and maybe still do.  in any case, it's simple and online so it's immediate.  Good luck my friend.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Peaceful John said:

you might want to give eFax a try next time you need to fax.

I used eFax for years until I retired, it worked well.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 2/5/2019 at 4:29 PM, Arizona Kid said:

Update: Emailed the US Embassy yesterday morning, Mon. the 4th. at 8:30 am and explained the situation. Just gave them my full name. 8:47 they emailed me back wanting DOB, Place of birth, last 4 of my ssn and a few other things. Sent the info they needed at 8:55 and they replied back at 9:04 that SSA had not received the dead or alive form from me. They included the form I needed in a self fillable PDF attachment that I filled out right away..put it on a usb and asked my GF to go to the print shop for a copy. Signed the form,took it to LBC and mailed it to the Embassy. Done by 10:15 . The embassy is closed today for the Chinese new year so I'm thinking maybe tomorrow they can enter it into the computer. Could have faxed it but don't know anyplace around here that has a fax machine.

Those employees at the embassy are really good and efficient. I'll update again when The money is deposited in my bank. (US Credit Union)  

Update: Still no deposit. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Only one case of beer per day instead of the usual 2!:laugh:

I'm sure it will arrive soon. I printed extra dead or alive forms to send for the coming years just in case. Too bad they can't cross-reference with the IRS. I file income tax reports every year with my signature on it. That should prove to them that I'm still breathing.

• Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Update: Still no deposit. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Only one case of beer per day instead of the usual 2!:laugh:

I'm sure it will arrive soon. I printed extra dead or alive forms to send for the coming years just in case. Too bad they can't cross-reference with the IRS. I file income tax reports every year with my signature on it. That should prove to them that I'm still breathing.

Out of interest, if you were living in  the US would you have to show proof of life also every year?

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Out of interest, if you were living in  the US would you have to show proof of life also every year?

That's a great question. I wonder if anyone knows.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

No, it is part of what they call the FEP, Foreign Enforcement Program.  Actually, a search for FEP got me more information than searching for Proof of Life!

https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0302655001

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

No, it is part of what they call the FEP, Foreign Enforcement Program.  Actually, a search for FEP got me more information than searching for Proof of Life!

https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0302655001

I guess it makes sense - the families of those living abroad may not know what to be done and who to contact in the event of someone passing away.

I wonder what system is in pace to ensure somebody who passed away in the USA no longer received benefits?