Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

How would you safeguard your property in the event of a split with your other half.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You may want to consult a lawyer. In the one case I know of, (speaking only of the Philippines), where someone tried that and the marriage went sour, the child was a minor when the parents split and the judge said the mother is the legal guardian of the minor child and could do whatever she decided was is in the best interest of the child, up to and including selling the house to provide cash for the "child's needs".  Once again, foreigner 

You're correct in that the Mother still holds the power until the child is of legal age and mental ability.

  • Like 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this