Philippines embassy in Australia - Visas

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

On the website of the Philippines embassy in Australia it is published that one can get a 12 month multiple entry visa for A$168, I am wondering if there is some provisions attached to this that are not advertised.

Has anyone had one?

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

No, I wasn't aware that was an option.  I do 4 trips to and from Oz each year and pay for an extension each time I am here.  So it would be cheaper for me.

But the embassy is in Sydney and Melbourne only has a consulate.

I can't help answer your question but I would be interested in any comnents also.

Edited by GeoffH

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

GeoofH,

Thanks for the reply, you just saved me some time, as I will be in Sydney for a few days this week before heading off to Melbourne.

I also have been paying for extensions over the years, so I will let you know how I go in Sydney.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

You only get 59days per entry for the length of the visa, they are more pitched towards the businessmen.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Misread the post, ignore me. 

Edited by BrettGC

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Gary D said:

You only get 59days per entry for the length of the visa, they are more pitched towards the businessmen.

Thanks Gary, what a shame, I thought I was on to something good for a while, oh well put the thinking cap on again.

With one 29 day extension costing A$85 and then  the next extension costing A$380 I am wondering how much a 6 month extension would cost, and no doubt not multiple entry, hope I am wrong I wonder what the best option is.

And marriage is not an option.

Any input appreciated, as the foreigners staying in Thailand are copping it very hard with the new rules there.

Cheers